Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Vol. 4 Ch. 35

Group Leader
Sad to see the last chapter... Still it was fulfilling to see the end of the orphanage situation

At least it didn't stop on a cliffhanger and all of the current problems remain somewhat solved.

Dex-chan lover
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

vader.jpg

and my aggregator doesn't have this manga, so i guess this'll be the last time i'll see any pages...possibly for ever.

Aggregator gang
@KumaTranslation I'm WN reader. Your WN translations were something I always look forward to each week. Thanks for brightening up my beginnings of each week! Though it's hard to part with my weekly moodbooster, I fully understand your decision in this matter. Please send my best regards to the whole X&M team!

Thank you for the translations! It's a shame that the translations will stop though... Now to save up money for the Light Novel and Manga XD But once again, Thank you!

Dex-chan lover
I get where they're coming from I guess, but is there really any point to removing the chapters? They're already out there elsewhere as well, on sites that are absolutely not going to take them down regardless of who asks. Can't really put everything back in the box, Pandora.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translations for as long as you've done this.

I'd say to leave the chapters up on Mangadex at the very least.

Not like you're hosting it on servers here. As already mentioned, it's already out there on other aggregators. For your WN translations, those I can understand since you are hosting those.

You would let those who may stumble upon this not know that the manga and LN are indeed licensed and your reason for stopping. And mangadex here is probably the more likely place you find people willing to actually show support for licensed releases.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro

Well in some countries * coff coff Murica coff* if you don't actively enforce your copyrights you can lose them.
Its why people like Blizzard and Nintendo are super strict on fan created content.
Because if they ignore one fan made game that gets super popular that's too similar to the originals and someone then make more later.
This then can lead to then being judged for not enforcing copyright, losing the copyright and A TON of money.
This applies to all types of media and not just games and visual novels but also movies, books etc etc.

Dex-chan lover
Sad to see this go and thankfully ends somewhat conclusively.
I'd rage if the last chapter was in the middle of last arc 😅
Thanks for the translation.

Well, the efforts you have put into translating are always much appreciated, thank you for that.

I can respect your respect for the author and the series, but as others have said, is there much reason to remove all the chapters you have already uploaded? Your translations will still exist on all other robot aggregator sites, it's just that they won't credit you if they can help it.... and they won't notify about the official release either.
If the translations are complete on Mangadex, if any new reader likes the series then they have information about an official release and the links to it (unlike the robot sites).

Discovery is a really important factor. It's better for the author to let people discover and read the series here, at least from that perspective.

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal i'd say that was a BS law that reinforces monopoly and capitalism and limiting people's freedom of creativity. this is why company also abuses fair use in the pretense of 'protecting copyrights' and rob individuals already small revenue on YT. but, as BS as it is we can't do anything about since it's their law and any company affiliated to it has to obey.

btw, TL you don't have to delete the chapters here on MD since other TL team that also respecting licenced manga just stopped their work, they just leave the chapters up here or in their website. other new readers who stumble upon this manga would at least need to read before they can appreciate and buy the official manga. (sorry for my weird english)

Sad to see this go, but it may just be cozy enough to shell out for the official release. Thanks for all your hard work until now.

Users who are viewing this thread