Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Ch. 66.2

Dex-chan lover
Well, then don't blame me, blame the ones making the adaptions. I based my opinion on the anime and manga. While the early chapters of the mange where unique and interesting, now it's just incoherent none sense with little connection to how the story began. Take that fantasy manga and suddenly jam an UFO into it, what a retarded arc.
Maybe just maybe the LN is better but based on the material I saw this story (now) devolved into criminally overrated BS with a rabid and fanatical fan base. And don't get me started on the unlikable cast in the anime and that horrendous CGI.
I think bringing tha Anime into this is truly a great mistake in itself, because the anime was horrible. No one denies that.
Regarding suddenly an UFO ..... you remember Potimas beeing a god damn robot?!
It clearly showed that things were already fishy in this fantasy world. Naturally you understand more/earlier if you have read the Light Nover/Web Novel, but even just with the Manga it isnt as bad as you make it seem.

The way you go overboard with how much you hate them is also not helping your way of criticism. Again I mean disliking them I can understand in some ways, especially Vampy. Shiro in her ways is quite a special case, she also realized long ago that she doesnt feel anything by killing anyone.

BTW if you use anime knowledge and future knowledge with that you should also use what we know of taboo from there. She may not be the best of people but that doesnt make her less right. The connection of how the story began is there, you just dont (want to) understand it by now. Shiro also is quite self-centered, but she isnt the might makes right type. Her whole opinion is that she wants to eat good food AND that Freedom and your own Pride are important. That isnt evil, but also it isnt good either (wow to beeing not a cliche trope). Shiro only seeks strength because she learned the hard way that without it you cant protect anything: not yourself, not your pride, not your freedom ... nothing you want to protect. She was all the time alone and survived alone.
For her (and even in a way for others) she has clearly proven that in this world her way isnt wrong. Maybe its not the best, but it isnt wrong. Naturally she has still room to grow as a person but isnt that what people often want: character developement? If it would be lazy/bad writing, she would have that out of nowhere but here it is slowly happening for so many characters in that group.
You call her evil without understanding anything and that makes your whole stuff more shallow than you claim this story to be. I slight spoiler without telling much: she can be counted as evil if you know everything around it, but even then it makes her basically be right and even the evil points are not 100% evil if you know stuff around it. Like many things what one sees as evil, another one wont see as evil. The author made it pretty good that this applied to this story as well.
Now I wonder if you will even read all of that or if you will dismiss it outright and claim it to be wrong XD. Anyway if you cant wait for a story to end before judging it as complete garbage and characters triggering you this much, then sorry this story isnt for you. Which is totally fine, but going so extrem towards characters even when people tell you, is only making you look petty or like a troll. You could always simply say you dont like them based on YOUR morals, but thats it. Moderation is something you need to learn there.

Dex-chan lover
With Kumo foregoing the Ascension, does that means in terms of ranking it going to be D > Guli = Shiraori > Ariel?

It seems one of the requirements to Ascent is Divine Expansion Lv10, Ariel only have up to Lv3.

If people under system is using MA energy, the Admins probably using different type of energy right?

Just... wow. After having read the manga since early double digit chapters and then watching the anime (and figuring out how the story was told in two different time periods) I was expecting the bipedal form to just be eventually another normal evolution. But this... changes everything and is finally something more than just the coasting at a meh level the manga has been doing for some time now. To the point it might be time to jump into the LN because i'm so curious. Would anyone happen to know where the anime left off? or if I should read from just the end of vol 7 to continue here?

Dex-chan lover
I think bringing tha Anime into this is truly a great mistake in itself, because the anime was horrible. No one denies that.
Regarding suddenly an UFO ..... you remember Potimas beeing a god damn robot?!
It clearly showed that things were already fishy in this fantasy world. Naturally you understand more/earlier if you have read the Light Nover/Web Novel, but even just with the Manga it isnt as bad as you make it seem.

The way you go overboard with how much you hate them is also not helping your way of criticism. Again I mean disliking them I can understand in some ways, especially Vampy. Shiro in her ways is quite a special case, she also realized long ago that she doesnt feel anything by killing anyone.

BTW if you use anime knowledge and future knowledge with that you should also use what we know of taboo from there. She may not be the best of people but that doesnt make her less right. The connection of how the story began is there, you just dont (want to) understand it by now. Shiro also is quite self-centered, but she isnt the might makes right type. Her whole opinion is that she wants to eat good food AND that Freedom and your own Pride are important. That isnt evil, but also it isnt good either (wow to beeing not a cliche trope). Shiro only seeks strength because she learned the hard way that without it you cant protect anything: not yourself, not your pride, not your freedom ... nothing you want to protect. She was all the time alone and survived alone.
For her (and even in a way for others) she has clearly proven that in this world her way isnt wrong. Maybe its not the best, but it isnt wrong. Naturally she has still room to grow as a person but isnt that what people often want: character developement? If it would be lazy/bad writing, she would have that out of nowhere but here it is slowly happening for so many characters in that group.
You call her evil without understanding anything and that makes your whole stuff more shallow than you claim this story to be. I slight spoiler without telling much: she can be counted as evil if you know everything around it, but even then it makes her basically be right and even the evil points are not 100% evil if you know stuff around it. Like many things what one sees as evil, another one wont see as evil. The author made it pretty good that this applied to this story as well.
Now I wonder if you will even read all of that or if you will dismiss it outright and claim it to be wrong XD. Anyway if you cant wait for a story to end before judging it as complete garbage and characters triggering you this much, then sorry this story isnt for you. Which is totally fine, but going so extrem towards characters even when people tell you, is only making you look petty or like a troll. You could always simply say you dont like them based on YOUR morals, but thats it. Moderation is something you need to learn there.
I find it superfluous to say "in my opinion" all the time - shouldn't that be obvious that it is an opinion? And the more a story gets overhyped the more I dislike it when it doesn't live up to said hyped ( and especially when people keep pretending it's gold without actually being able to deliver a reason for that opinion).

Lastly there's is such a thing a objective morality, to a degree at least. For instance consistency and principal. She's doesn't display any deeper thoughts in the manga and basically none in the anime, she bumbles around without thinking about the why ( so far at least). Only acts on emotion, which is a huge pet peeve of mine.
Take the whole egg situation as an example: she basically unleashed a plague and so far hasn't really payed much attention nor felt responsibility. But it's pointless to talk further since I do not feel like reading the LN and we already established that anime and manga mostly suck.

Dex-chan lover
With Kumo foregoing the Ascension, does that means in terms of ranking it going to be D > Guli = Shiraori > Ariel?

It seems one of the requirements to Ascent is Divine Expansion Lv10, Ariel only have up to Lv3.

If people under system is using MA energy, the Admins probably using different type of energy right?

Later on it will be D > Guli > Shiraori > Potimas > Ariel

Dex-chan lover
I find it superfluous to say "in my opinion" all the time - shouldn't that be obvious that it is an opinion? And the more a story gets overhyped the more I dislike it when it doesn't live up to said hyped ( and especially when people keep pretending it's gold without actually being able to deliver a reason for that opinion).

Lastly there's is such a thing a objective morality, to a degree at least. For instance consistency and principal. She's doesn't display any deeper thoughts in the manga and basically none in the anime, she bumbles around without thinking about the why ( so far at least). Only acts on emotion, which is a huge pet peeve of mine.
Take the whole egg situation as an example: she basically unleashed a plague and so far hasn't really payed much attention nor felt responsibility. But it's pointless to talk further since I do not feel like reading the LN and we already established that anime and manga mostly suck.

Not everybody agrees that the Anime is bad. If we except the problems with animation due to Covid, the story is faithful to Okina Baba's. Why ? Because he was hired for the adaptation.

Dex-chan lover
Later on it will be D > Guli > Shiraori > Potimas > Ariel
Oh, Real Potimas is stronger than Ariel.

Also I didn't meant power ranking, it more to their place in the world.

So D as master, Guli and Shiraori is admin. Ariel is leader of demons, Potimas for elves and Dustin for humans.

I could guess from previous chapter that Dustin is the weakest than Potimas or Ariel but he probably makes up for it in someway.

Also D mentions that hero and demon lord launch attack across dimensions. Is this demon lord was Ariel ?

Dex-chan lover
i personally didn't vibe with those not-Kumoko-POV parts 😅 i remember there was one full LN volume of just Shun's POV, and that was my least favorite volume of this series
Oh yea I wasn't a fan of that either lol, the arc itself was fine but it's definitely not worth a whole LN volume. Perhaps it'd be half a volume at best (which is how it usually goes for the series anyways).

But the non-Kumoko chapters are definitely very important when it comes to the series' worldbuilding, which is why it's so weird that the manga straight up skipped everything.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, Real Potimas is stronger than Ariel.

Also I didn't meant power ranking, it more to their place in the world.

So D as master, Guli and Shiraori is admin. Ariel is leader of demons, Potimas for elves and Dustin for humans.

I could guess from previous chapter that Dustin is the weakest than Potimas or Ariel but he probably makes up for it in someway.

Also D mentions that hero and demon lord launch attack across dimensions. Is this demon lord was Ariel ?

To be frank, Potimas is very hard to rank in term of power. He's clearly stronger than Ariel, but there's no real information about him and Gülie (and I forgot Sariel who's between D and Gülie).

In term of influence, Potimas is the most influent character in the world, followed by Dustin. Ariel and Gülie doesn't have much power if we except their overall strength.

And if we talk about the most influential characters in where the world goes, it's D, Potimas and Shiraori.

And about Demon Lord and Hero battles having a devastating effect on a school in Japan (that's the official prologue of the story btw), the only thing I can tell you without much spoilers, Julius is far too young and too weak to be able of something like that.

Dex-chan lover
Oh yea I wasn't a fan of that either lol, the arc itself was fine but it's definitely not worth a whole LN volume. Perhaps it'd be half a volume at best (which is how it usually goes for the series anyways).

But the non-Kumoko chapters are definitely very important when it comes to the series' worldbuilding, which is why it's so weird that the manga straight up skipped everything.

Also it's very rare to have a book entirely focused on a character from the main world (so not Isekaied), it's refreshing to have that.

Dex-chan lover
And about Demon Lord and Hero battles having a devastating effect on a school in Japan (that's the official prologue of the story btw), the only thing I can tell you without much spoilers, Julius is far too young and too weak to be able of something like that.
Yeah, i got that since Julius shows up and he is still a kid during Sariella vs Ohts. so it is different hero but Demon Lord tho.

I feel the Demon Lord from the prologue is Ariel. I wonder if it will be brought up later.

Here we are, after so many f*cking years. The warm up sure is taking its sweet time :glee:

Oh and our newly born spider god still has to face a tough journey ahead, just in case anyone wants to scream easy game :worry:
The long prolog is ended?

Double-page supporter
what chapter and volume is this on light novel?
i really wanna read the ln from the start but i don't know how far chapter 66 manga is to the light novel

Double-page supporter
Wait wth.
she's a fake and D, yeah... nameless. she's a fucking spider LMAO

Dex-chan lover
You know i feel like the manga just straight up makes the LN a little bit worse, because it spoils some stuff. And we are probably getting either a incomplete story or a very long arc that will never end and won't feature our favorite spider at all. Great times.

Users who are viewing this thread