Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Ch. 68.1

Dex-chan lover
They forgot to mention though that if Wrath is activated, you are literally too angry to die. :p Also, since you're in a rage, you won't get affected by mental attacks, but you might be fooled by trickery and illusions.

Dex-chan lover
Ain't no way people saw her with that, covered or not, and thought "Yep, just a cute girl with a scythe. Nothing strange here."
The people would think she's a farm girl. Because a scythe is a farm tool used to cut down grass and crops. Still a hundred years ago you'd have thought absolutely nothing about a beautiful woman with a scythe. Maybe dudes used to do it more because it's hard physical work, but at the end of the day, farm work is hard work, so dudes with more stamina could do it for a longer time. The Japanese only got the brilliant idea of turning it into a menacing weapon (in someone's opinion) because of the Grim Reaper. It's not really a weapon, per se, for the Death, it's just a tool to reap his own harvest, which are the souls of dying people, to send them to the afterlife. The grim harvest of the Death.

If you had ever used a scythe, you'd know it would make a lousy weapon in reality, unless your enemies are soft plants. Then it's pretty good, though more work than with a brushcutter or string trimmer, obviously.
I'm not sure for other countries, but in Hungary "unmodified" scythes were not used as weapons, but they were "straightened" (kiegyenesítés) to use them as spears. Last time kiegyenesítés was used during the Hungarian Revolution and War of Independence of 1848–1849.

Dex-chan lover
So the author noticed how abysmal the b-vampire's character is (later on) and now invented a lore reason as to why? Well, I guess it's A for effort. Still hope he gets crushed by the hero group along with everyone else.

Dex-chan lover
Plot ! Progression ! We like it ! Good luck Manga reader you have a long journey ahead of you but a good one.

I think that on the second page you meant to have it read as "And for what we were doing while staying inside" instead of "And for what we were during while staying inside"

Dex-chan lover
yes, wrath (he names himself that later fr)
He was one of the best friends of Shun, aka the Hero, and was the one the elves were after. He sadly won’t join until a little later after they reach the demon territory, but the payoff is worth it.

Fed-Kun's army
He was one of the best friends of Shun, aka the Hero, and was the one the elves were after. He sadly won’t join until a little later after they reach the demon territory, but the payoff is worth it.

Payoff that won't exist in the manga sadly.

Banned
I bet they're already being watched and Ariel's putting on an act so their pursuer(s) lower their guard.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, Shiro even sat up to stare at Sophia in disbelief.

I like her descriptions of her having Pride. And being unable to deny it.

Honestly, Sophia looks like a chibi cleric here. Not quite what she is.

The people would think she's a farm girl. Because a scythe is a farm tool used to cut down grass and crops.

If you had ever used a scythe, you'd know it would make a lousy weapon in reality, unless your enemies are soft plants.
The one she's carrying isn't a normal harvest scythe, so I think people might still react. She has the typical version shown in fiction, which is a slightly better weapon than a normal one, but not nearly as good as a proper war scythe. War scythes have the blade angled up like most polearms, while farmer scythes have it angled so it's level with the ground if held properly.

The ones I've wielded were kind of heavy with a sturdy pole and handles, while the blade was thin. Still, with how you hold them they doesn't strain your muscles that much, since you can more or less let them hang and not put too much effort into swinging.

Users who are viewing this thread