Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Ch. 68.1

Dex-chan lover
Agreed.

Like so many isekai's it seems to be petering out before any conclusion. In my experience it's rather rare for fantasy in general to recover from these reset arcs, but I'm hoping I'm wrong with this one. The manga has been one of my favourite isekais up till now.
Same

WHERE WAS SHE HIDING THAT SCYTHE? Ain't no way people saw her with that, covered or not, and thought "Yep, just a cute girl with a scythe. Nothing strange here."
She doesn't need to hide it at all in that world. There's even a skill that gives scythes bonus damage.
The party does stand out but for a different reason. In the novel Shiro explain that there are 2 reason why they rush to Inns as soon as possible the moment they reach a new town.
1) Due to Shiro's albinism, she's weak to the sunlight
2) Weird rumours about the party members (Merazophis in particular)

Remember, the party is made almost entirely by women and even worst almost all of them look like little girls. 90% of the time people think that they're Mera's harem... The other 10% they think that Shiro is Mera's wife and the rest are their childs.
Again skipped content. Due to Shiro's motion sickness usually Mera pricess carry her to their inn room

So the author noticed how abysmal the b-vampire's character is (later on) and now invented a lore reason as to why? Well, I guess it's A for effort. Still hope he gets crushed by the hero group along with everyone else.
Yes... and no.
She more or less have always been a b****
In the novel we see baby Sophia's POV much early in her life in the Keren house and she's basically

"this life is much better", "fuck my ugly past life. Finally I'm a good looking girl as I should have always been", "fuck my average looking older parents, my new parents are way more good looking".
She does get better after a certain event but she has a clearly hate boner for Shun.... She's pretty much an asshole to anyone that isn't Shiro, Ariel or Mera.

You don't usually get Sin skills by just farming them. You need affinity towards them and having said sin already been a major characteristic of your personality.

Dex-chan lover
now even in this fictional world , they are scared of corona virus , so they are staying inside their love-hotel room for days or for weeks , lol .

- me : teacher demon queen-sensei , please discipline me .

- demon lord : ... sophia-chan ...

I genuinely have no idea what she's hiding. Either something she knows about what Potimas is doing, or something she noticed, can't tell...

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me of has the over all feeling of hype and amazement died down a bit in this series?

Thanks aumakua for the translation
I get how you feel.

Particularly since it started off and had interesting and clear progression.

With each smaller climax building into a new climax.

This is a slower part of the story, the calm before the storm, before it inevitably builds up to its climax.

I genuinely have no idea what she's hiding. Either something she knows about what Potimas is doing, or something she noticed, can't tell...
Don't remember exactly what Ariel is hidding but there're only 2 possibilities.

Spoiler ordered by how big they are.
1) She thinks that the Ogre is another isekai kid.
2) She know that this was a goblin village.....
2.2) Another of Sariel's divine beast was the original goblin named Gob (basically Ariel's brother). She knows that Goblins aren't really bad monsters so she's sad about the village been slaughtered.

Btw, next chapter on February 29th

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
and i do wonder how they will meet oger-san here int he manga

Dex-chan lover
what if vampire girl lets her intrusive thoughts win and level up jealousy to max lmao

Dex-chan lover
If you had ever used a scythe, you'd know it would make a lousy weapon in reality, unless your enemies are soft plants. Then it's pretty good, though more work than with a brushcutter or string trimmer, obviously.
there's a weaponized scythe called war scythe or war sickle which is historically used in war and is used by cavaliers to mow down infantry IIRC
1200px-Kosy_i_piki.jpg

Dex-chan lover
there's a weaponized scythe called war scythe or war sickle which is historically used in war and is used by cavaliers to mow down infantry IIRC

And it's nothing like a scythe anymore, which I consider to only reinforce my point. The form and structure of a scythe is unsuitable for war, so if you wanted to use it for war, you'd need to modify it heavily. Though a normal scythe's blade doesn't need to be overly sturdy to cut grass, so it's thin and light, which would make it unsuitable for war even with modifications. At least mangaka have made their weaponised scythes really heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread