Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Ch. 68.1

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure the depowered section is supposed to be over by now.
why does the manga make the weirdest changes

Dex-chan lover
If you had ever used a scythe, you'd know it would make a lousy weapon in reality, unless your enemies are soft plants. Then it's pretty good, though more work than with a brushcutter or string trimmer, obviously.

Scythes are fine weapons

0196-006.png

Dex-chan lover
Scythes are lawnmowers. They're exactly as practical for melee combat as a lawnmower.

Dex-chan lover
So the author noticed how abysmal the b-vampire's character is (later on) and now invented a lore reason as to why? Well, I guess it's A for effort. Still hope he gets crushed by the hero group along with everyone else.
The good thing of being an author is you are the one who creates the lore :p

Dex-chan lover
Scythes are lawnmowers. They're exactly as practical for melee combat as a lawnmower.
If properly constructed for combat but without changing their design too much, they could be good weapons for giants against normal-sized troops. They would need a weapon effective at "low" attacks.

Dex-chan lover
He was one of the best friends of Shun, aka the Hero, and was the one the elves were after. He sadly won’t join until a little later after they reach the demon territory, but the payoff is worth it.
So, what was it that Ariel hide?

Dex-chan lover
If properly constructed for combat but without changing their design too much, they could be good weapons for giants against normal-sized troops. They would need a weapon effective at "low" attacks.
Yes, you can use a lawnmower to mow things that are small and and in great numbers on the ground. That's the purpose of a lawnmower.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure for other countries, but in Hungary "unmodified" scythes were not used as weapons, but they were "straightened" (kiegyenesítés) to use them as spears. Last time kiegyenesítés was used during the Hungarian Revolution and War of Independence of 1848–1849.

War scythes has been used for a long time in Europe. The first mention is from the ancient Greek historian Xenophon ca 400-360 bce. A famous use of the war scythe was by Jan Žižka's soldiers during the Hussite wars.
War scythes is as you say modified/straightened scythe blades. It is a cheap and fast alternative to a metal spear blade. As farmers who didnt have a dedicated weapon could relative simple make one of there farming tools into a weapon.

There are occations were unmodified scythes has been used in battle in peasant upprisings and such. Same as the pitchfork. But that can only be seen as the desperat attempt as it was and no one in their right mind and an ounce of time for preperation would consider it.

Dex-chan lover
She’s meeting up with Ice Dragon Nia, one of Guli’s subordinate dragons, for intel and directions.
what does that have to do with the elf blood? Or she's calm about the fact that the elves tried to ambush them because she's about to meet the ice dragon?

Fed-Kun's army
what does that have to do with the elf blood? Or she's calm about the fact that the elves tried to ambush them because she's about to meet the ice dragon?

I'm a LN reader and I have no idea what Ariel has in her mind.

Is it just me of has the over all feeling of hype and amazement died down a bit in this series?

Thanks aumakua for the translation
Agreed.

Like so many isekai's it seems to be petering out before any conclusion. In my experience it's rather rare for fantasy in general to recover from these reset arcs, but I'm hoping I'm wrong with this one. The manga has been one of my favourite isekais up till now.

Fed-Kun's army
Agreed.

Like so many isekai's it seems to be petering out before any conclusion. In my experience it's rather rare for fantasy in general to recover from these reset arcs, but I'm hoping I'm wrong with this one. The manga has been one of my favourite isekais up till now.

Well, don't expect anything good from the manga when it skips half of the content. To me, this part of the story is the best with a good setup and an amazing final, but the manga doesn't care.

Users who are viewing this thread