Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Ch. 68.1

Aggregator gang
The personalities of those first rulers are quite funny, especially the Sloth one. Some are sad tho.

Dex-chan lover
Every time we see Ariel's face, I can't help but think "I want to tug on those weird spikes coming out of her eyes" since they look so incredibly stupid. Intrusive thought aside, WHERE WAS SHE HIDING THAT SCYTHE? Ain't no way people saw her with that, covered or not, and thought "Yep, just a cute girl with a scythe. Nothing strange here."

Dex-chan lover
berserker kumo reminds me of Gregorius-san's artstyle

Dex-chan lover
Ain't no way people saw her with that, covered or not, and thought "Yep, just a cute girl with a scythe. Nothing strange here."

The people would think she's a farm girl. Because a scythe is a farm tool used to cut down grass and crops. Still a hundred years ago you'd have thought absolutely nothing about a beautiful woman with a scythe. Maybe dudes used to do it more because it's hard physical work, but at the end of the day, farm work is hard work, so dudes with more stamina could do it for a longer time. The Japanese only got the brilliant idea of turning it into a menacing weapon (in someone's opinion) because of the Grim Reaper. It's not really a weapon, per se, for the Death, it's just a tool to reap his own harvest, which are the souls of dying people, to send them to the afterlife. The grim harvest of the Death.

If you had ever used a scythe, you'd know it would make a lousy weapon in reality, unless your enemies are soft plants. Then it's pretty good, though more work than with a brushcutter or string trimmer, obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread