Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Ch. 69.2

And she died .. plz? That would end this and prevent major mayhem. Also major boredom, since this story really fell off a cliff after she transformed. Well the UFO arc was also really stupid af. What is all this aimless, slow drag of a story?
Yeah, I don't know why the manga author is dragging this out so much. I can't remember there being any storyline about her not knowing how to use her powers as a God. She even practiced how to use magic without relying on skills earlier in the story. This arc makes no sense.

Dex-chan lover
‼️‼️HOLY FUCKING SHIT‼️‼️‼️‼️ IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING JOJO REFERENCE??????!!!!!!!!!!11!1!1!1!1!1!1! 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱 JOJO IS THE BEST FUCKING ANIME 🔥🔥🔥🔥💯💯💯💯 JOSUKE IS SO BADASSSSS 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎👊👊👊👊👊 ORAORAORAORAORALORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩 😩😩😩😩 MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA 🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬🤬😡🤬🤬😡WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo!🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo!🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Oh you’re approaching me❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓But it was me, Dio‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂
Add Kira's introduction.

Dex-chan lover
me angry at cliffhanger-kun
The true enemy of all readers.
She even practiced how to use magic without relying on skills earlier in the story.
She practised magic outside of set spells using system skills as a crutch. Magic mastery/manipulation or whatever. Take those out and she has to start from scratch.
Sasajima must have been the school banchou. What else could explain that personality?
Wouldn't irony be that he was a model student or something. A complete flip of how he was as a human.
inb4 we get 20.1-5 chapters of flashback next of his story.
man I wish these chapters would come out faster (not talking about the TL)
I remember when split chapters were done so, you'd have semi-monthly releases instead of monthly ones.
Nowadays you get a full chapter bimonthly if even that, when it is split to two or more parts.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hard to imagine any of the students to have been in more desperate life or death situations than our good ol' Kumoko.
Just because Kumoko had a desperate life doesn’t mean some of the others can’t have it as well. He’s also a monster so it’s also not comparable to those that became humans.

Dex-chan lover
IS
THAT
A
HECKING
JOJO
REFERENCE?
HEqdhuw.png
Let’s go!!!
480x360

Dex-chan lover
And she died .. plz? That would end this and prevent major mayhem. Also major boredom, since this story really fell off a cliff after she transformed. Well the UFO arc was also really stupid af. What is all this aimless, slow drag of a story?
That is what happens when half the story is skipped. The light novel volume of this chapter is pretty darn good. But Sophia's PoV is skipped, Kyouya's backstory is skipped and so on.

me angry at cliffhanger-kun
cat-nonsense-anime.gif
Hey best cat Karyl!
Don't you need to develop (level up) Anger into Wrath by relying on it frequently? That seems to suggest he has an aggressive, violent, and quick to anger personality.
This arc was supposed to have Kyouya's backstory going on but it was skipped.
Remember that summoner that barely managed to escape from Kumoko with Ronandt? He was sent to these mountains to build an outpost and there he found a goblin village with a weird goblin who could make weapons and stuff. He slaughtered the whole village and enslaved Kyouya, then he fed his little sister to him as food. He went mad and killed everyone then he was on a wrathfull rampage the whole time, rapidly evolving from a goblin to an oni. Goblins in this place is also peaceful hermits who settled in the mountains because everyone avoids them
Yeah, I don't know why the manga author is dragging this out so much. I can't remember there being any storyline about her not knowing how to use her powers as a God. She even practiced how to use magic without relying on skills earlier in the story. This arc makes no sense.
That was the WN. In the LN it was like this. She also practised casting spells without the systems guidance, but she still used the mana manipulation skills to do so. She doesn't have that skill any more so she has to learn how to manipulate mana herself, learning spells after that should pretty easy since as you said, she already practised those.

Dex-chan lover
The real reason he's mad is Arataki "noodlearms" Shitto keep showing up with lots of filler events :qq:

Fed-Kun's army
No she didn't die. She has a skill that prevents her from dying once per day (she has 1 HP left though)

Does anyone know what volume in the LN this chapter is at? I really like this series and I'm tempted to start the LN if it's super far ahead in story since I'm impatient to know how this all unfolds

Dex-chan lover
That was the WN. In the LN it was like this. She also practised casting spells without the systems guidance, but she still used the mana manipulation skills to do so. She doesn't have that skill any more so she has to learn how to manipulate mana herself, learning spells after that should pretty easy since as you said, she already practised those.
Couple of years of reading reactions to the WN then the LN led me to realize something.

The LN is really a whole lot better (at least at this part of the story) as it fleshes out a lot of things and reinforces the original theme of Kumoko/Shiro having to struggle to survive with her wits rather than brawn. And when I read Japanese reviews of the LN, this general seems to validate my viewpoint.

However, there's a considerable vocal group of people outside Japan who hate this arc, and the whole 'losing her powers' thing in general. I just chalked it down to differences in opinion or...well, people just not reading. But I've come to realize that Isekai like this series tend to attract a certain audience. Isekai really do tend to be power-trip fantasies, and it wasn't Kumoko's struggles that attracted everybody, even if they don't realize it themselves because of how the series has been presented up to this point.

It's true the manga is skipping a lot of backstory, but there's people who hated those to. So what can you do? It's a pretty sprawling story originally (LN ver), the manga is being read by a lot of folks who already read one of the two versions of the novels (in Japan at least, where reading them is super easy), and not every work is the Lord of the Rings.

Anyway, I don't care if it's a spoiler, but frankly, just to shut people up because they would keep moaning otherwise, drop this arc then come back. It doesn't take long for her to become overpowered again, though it seems a little too long for a lot of you folks. You just might want to drop the manga after that too, because it's not like she goes about flaunting it much after this either. You can find other OP unstoppable isekai MCs dime a dozen. If you look hard enough, some of them might even have interesting personalities, instead of just being superlative alpha males banging 10 harem slaves a day.

Fed-Kun's army
Couple of years of reading reactions to the WN then the LN led me to realize something.

The LN is really a whole lot better (at least at this part of the story) as it fleshes out a lot of things and reinforces the original theme of Kumoko/Shiro having to struggle to survive with her wits rather than brawn. And when I read Japanese reviews of the LN, this general seems to validate my viewpoint.

However, there's a considerable vocal group of people outside Japan who hate this arc, and the whole 'losing her powers' thing in general. I just chalked it down to differences in opinion or...well, people just not reading. But I've come to realize that Isekai like this series tend to attract a certain audience. Isekai really do tend to be power-trip fantasies, and it wasn't Kumoko's struggles that attracted everybody, even if they don't realize it themselves because of how the series has been presented up to this point.

It's true the manga is skipping a lot of backstory, but there's people who hated those to. So what can you do? It's a pretty sprawling story originally (LN ver), the manga is being read by a lot of folks who already read one of the two versions of the novels (in Japan at least, where reading them is super easy), and not every work is the Lord of the Rings.

Anyway, I don't care if it's a spoiler, but frankly, just to shut people up because they would keep moaning otherwise, drop this arc then come back. It doesn't take long for her to become overpowered again, though it seems a little too long for a lot of you folks. You just might want to drop the manga after that too, because it's not like she goes about flaunting it much after this either. You can find other OP unstoppable isekai MCs dime a dozen. If you look hard enough, some of them might even have interesting personalities, instead of just being superlative alpha males banging 10 harem slaves a day.

I wouldn't say it's my favorite arc, but I really enjoyed White struggles to survive against an enemy that is way too strong for them. It's like the beginning of the story, but way worst.
(basically, it's like if white fought Mother at the start of the series).

Users who are viewing this thread