Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Vol. 7 Ch. 35.1

Double-page supporter
Edit: It's really worth it to see different POV. I'm glad that they decide to put what's on their mind.

I wonder how much they already see her skills. It seems they didn't finish all of the list, Judged by the reaction.
But, he know that earth magic isn't on the list.

Hmm.

Dex-chan lover
And thus continues the story on how they fucked up so hard they created a new standard on fucking up a recon mission

so it was all a massive misunderstanding? awesome, imagine when she becomes an arachne

also i hope the chapter was longer than those 16 pages or the author is a massive douche

Double-page supporter
Should have dropped any supplies that weren't absolutely necessary to make it out of the dungeon and run as fast as possible, but the fact that they actually got to see her up close was probably for the best overall.

Dex-chan lover
Kumo is just fucking terrifying. It's great.

@Darkion
I completely disagree. There have been plenty of godawful adaptations that have bred their own following in the anime community. Tokyo Ghoul is a great example of this. Completely butchering the second-half of the manga which is the best part and completely removing Kaneki's monologues. Hell they even changed the artstyle to be generic anime characters and had the worst animation I've seen in years. Yet the show did well to enough warrant even TG:Re getting an anime.
Hell even the adaptations that JC Staff does - Danmachi/Sword Oratoria and Index/Railgun, weren't made too amazingly yet they still sold a fuckton. Name recognition gets people who vaguely know about the series and people who know absolutely nothing will still enjoy the series (because they don't know the source is better)

To me it's a matter of if the content itself is good or bad. I think in terms of things Kumo is pretty unique to get it's own following (since Re:Monster isn't an anime yet)
I'm going to say that the anime community isn't burnt out on isekai seeing as how they're just now getting the bigger names like Slime/Shield Hero
But people even ate up Shield Hero - not to say that it was poorly made - but in terms of Isekai quality it's certainly one of the lower bar ones, especially after the Queen returns.

Bes

Chapters repeating themselves are just redundant, the pacing is slow and boring and the art has certainly dropped. Furthermore the release schedule just kills the whole thing. Good riddance

What chapter did our precious Kumo kill the S rank spider? looked back a few chapters and it wasn't there

Dex-chan lover
Super cool to see Kumo from an outside perspective. To us she’s a cute and at times a bit airheaded spider, but to them She is a walking apocalypse that can kill through fear alone.

Contributor
A bit on a waste having different pov since we already know what's happen but well... is ok i guess. :D

Aggregator gang
@shoker I still grief for Sword Oratoria. The manga is so good and the anime was so bad that it hurts (or at least bad enough to focus on cute girls instead of kick ass battles).

Dex-chan lover
I see the manga finally got to the part where it starts jumping in the chronology and shifting POVs, this is where the story became an utter mess, enjoy the slog.

@Genoshock
the author is a massive douche
You have no idea, the chapters where Kumo appears will become less and less, and then youll get more jumps in chronology just so the author can set up some surprise twist, so enjoy these while you can

The fight with the arc started in... 31.2? It was a retaliation squad for probing her mother's mind,

Dex-chan lover
Next chapters: POV from soldier, then POV from passing by frog monster

Dex-chan lover
If only that one tard just backed the f up instead of pointing a weapon at the creature that clearly outrank them they coulda avoided all this carnage

Dex-chan lover
If they had just got on their knees and begged for mercy, they would have been spared. But who would do such a thing in front of a spider? Normally you wouldn't think any kind of communication is possible with a spider, and it's just a vicious killing machine.

Users who are viewing this thread