Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Vol. 8 Ch. 36.1

Dex-chan lover
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally the best fight in this series came! HURRAY! HURRAY!
I can only pray to God the artist manages to capture how awesome this fight is, because everything from here on out has basically 0 tension, or just isn't nearly as interesting.

@Kampfarsch
11k of resistance may sound too high but even that isn't enough for what is comming.
Mother (queen taratekt) for example has 24k of magic (without stat boost skills like Mental Warfare or Dragon Power) and there're even more powerfull beings out there.

Fed-Kun's army
Cleaning that wall of text would be hell. Props to the scanlators for doing it, thank you!

Dex-chan lover
@cryum not like it could control f and type anti-spider in the skill menu. I imagine that alba will spend points, but I just don't see how he could do it in any proper manner without that parallel mind skill that kumo has. Having multiple separate minds especially if each could use their own eye and side of the body. It'd be hard to fuck up in life with that one

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax

Oh, that's what you're wondering about. That's actually more of a concern for kumo than alba. Kumo doesn't have enough power to oneshot a dragon. She needs to actively set up while kiting just to get a solid hit in, and that's when the dragon's defenses are dropped in order to attack. If Alba just decides to form an earth shell or just tank the hit, he can spend the skill points with relative leisure. He can also just grab like the entire page of skills where the anti-spider stuff is, without even looking.

Double-page supporter
I wonder if Alaba come in cave because he try to find that weird egg that Kumoko found in the beginning.

Dex-chan lover
@cryum
Why would anti-spider skills exist in the first place? Unlike dragons with their legendary label, spider is just... spider.
When the System came to be, the loli demon lord was still a kid. Only much later she created more kins thus giving birth to the Taratect species.

Scanlators deserve to be buried as heroes for typing out great walls of text for those skills

Dex-chan lover
@Kathartes I assume you've already read ahead, so

Fire stuff still hurts kumo bad. Just because she has fire resistance doesn't mean she's completely free from general spider weaknesses.

Suddenly gaining resistance to everything kumo pulls out, as well as multiple means of slowing down or following kumo greatly increases the pressure Alba can apply.

Dex-chan lover
i guess the reason for this delayed chapter and the 12-page count is golden week in japan : Golden Week in 2019 is particularly long due to the 2019 Japanese imperial transition, making 2019's Golden Week ten consecutive days, from Saturday 27 April through Monday 6 May.

editor : hey , golden week is coming , but you still have to draw like a slave .
artist : screw you , im going to have a vacation . good news : chapter 36.2 is going to be release in just 2 weeks .

page 2 : humans is destroying this world , global warming ? An Inconvenient Truth ? Lol : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Inconvenient_Truth .

page 6 : i guess she is parodying Zhuge Liang , and the letter on the flag is "Spider" .

in the raw japanese scans , the walls of texts are smaller : https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000013/episode/3474/ .

the earth dragon has 41100 unused skill points , so i guess dumb monsters dont know how to use this game feature : using points to buy skills . they just get new skills naturally .

Dex-chan lover
Meh. In the light novel she's already a
goddess, she kept evolving and met those human guys w.e can't remember well
just go and read it..

Group Leader
@Liquidxlax Kumo's other minds are busy elsewhere, and Abyss magic, even lvl 1, takes at least 2 magic-in-charges, so it's not an option.

Also, skills cost different amounts for different people. If Alaba is unlucky, all his points might not be enough for anti-spider skills, since compatibility matters, after all. Kumo can't get skills related to fire easily because Taratects are naturally weak to fire, and likewise if Alaba is weak to something, he will need a lot of points to get skills related to it.

Users who are viewing this thread