Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Vol. 8 Ch. 38.2

Pretty sure Kumo annihilated Alba with her eyes. There's nothing to eat.

Wonder if she was too angry to bother to eat him since she still gets XP.

It is a shame he got killed in a fit of anger, I kinda wanted him to live.

@Taco-chan
The current Hero, also big brother of another reincarnator (Shun).
ciEapvM.jpg

@CharlesDexterWard
Wait... what? That doesn't make a lot of sense.
Why is she so smart then? I mean if she was a basic spider on earth there's no way she'd has such a high intellect. A spider is a spider even if reincarnated. Yet her intellect is clearly much higher than one would expect of a spider. And I don't think being smart is something that reincarnation grants?

I guess it would also be funny if D is actually the girl Kumoko thinks she was in the past life.

Dex-chan lover
yo no way it hasnt been half a year since the last chapter yet
thats illegal

wtf was sp again ? like a stamina system ? its been literally a year since its been explained so i cant remember

OK, is she leaving before her clones finish their Mission Impossible of infiltrating her mother, and what was that at the last panel that was in the middle of his "corpse"?

Fed-Kun's army
@beepboop1
It'll make all the sense in the world if you accept another spoiler.
If not, all I can say is that it'll make sense eventually. As soon as you get to the info yourself the reason why will also be explained in the same chapter.

@Kampfarsch: Yes it's a combination of stamina and hunger essentially. There are two stamina gauges: a yellow and a red gauge. The yellow gauge governs stamina in the moment, so when the gauge is low you'll feel fatigued. The red gauge is more about hunger, and I believe it slowly depletes over time if food isn't consumed, but the individual can dip into the red gauge for more energy if the yellow gauge is empty. Unlike the yellow gauge, if the red gauge is fully emptied, the individual will die regardless of how much health they have left.

@Taco-chan
who is D, Sariel, and why does kumo have the memories of a highschool girl when she was just a spider?

Also, @beepboop1
Why is she so smart then? I mean if she was a basic spider on earth there's no way she'd has such a high intellect. A spider is a spider even if reincarnated. Yet her intellect is clearly much higher than one would expect of a spider. And I don't think being smart is something that reincarnation grants?

I guess it would also be funny if D is actually the girl Kumoko thinks she was in the past life.

D is the "girl" who talked with Kumoko using a smartphone. She created the System, so she has root access, and can write and compile new code, like she did with Wisdom. Sariel is also an Administrator, she provides the Divine Voice / Voice of Heaven (temp), like a telemarketer mindlessly reading out a script 😁. D is actually one of the strongest gods in the Kumo Desu ga universe, but she's lazy, so she pretends to be "Wakaba Hiiro", a high school student in Japan, just to hide and get out of work. When the attack (targeting her) exploded in the classroom, she reincarnated the students into the System, supposedly because she felt responsible. But, just for fun and kicks, and partly to throw other gods off her trail, she put an altered version of her memories as "Wakaba Hiiro" into a spider that was also killed by the explosion in the classroom, and unintentionally a tiny portion of her soul. That portion of soul was so small it was no more than a shed hair or flake of skin for her, but compared to a spider's soul, that portion of a god's soul is huge. That contributed to Kumoko's success, but it was still mostly due to Kumoko's efforts (according to D).

@Kampfarsch
Having your yellow SP depleted is like being winded after sprinting a hundred meters. Having your red SP depleted is like not eating any food for weeks. Which is why there isn't an automatic recovery skill for red SP, while there is for HP and MP: sure, you can use your body's reserves to make yourself heal faster or cast more magic, but there's no way to, effectively, magically put food in your stomach. That, you have to get somewhere else.

Oh, yeah, Kumoko says in the novel that another advantage she had in this fight was that Alaba did not have Appraisal. He kept on spamming skills to seriously fight against Kumoko, but had no way of knowing that his SP was being drained away, until it was way too late.

Users who are viewing this thread