Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Vol. 8 Ch. 38.2

Dex-chan lover
@CharlesDexterWard
yeah, Kumo is far too smart for it to be only due to Kumo's own efforts. If it wasn't for her intellect and the memories that spider would have acted the same as her siblings

Fed-Kun's army
Alba is the one true waifu, he didnt deserve this
....NEVER FORGET
F
F
F
F
F
F

Double-page supporter
@Pocman512 Either there's nothing edible left to eat due to how she finished him off, or she did it to spite him for giving up like that. I mean, the enemy she worked so hard to beat just gives up in the end without putting up any more of a fight and says "Here's all my weapons and gear. I'm ready to die." Sure, he was beaten and there was nothing left for him to do, but for her who has struggled as much as she has to survive, even when at the brink of death just like how he was, it's ridiculous and feels like he's mocking her resolve to live on, even moreso because he started deactivating his skills in an order where his own fire would have killed him. He basically tried to commit seppuku at the end of the fight before she could finish him herself. Rather than let him kill himself, however, and then take all that gear, she said "Fuck you!" and destroyed everything she could, leaving behind anything that couldn't be destroyed. She felt cheated out of a satisfying victory against a superior foe she fought so hard against, and there are few things more frustrating than that.

Also, as Bluedudu mentioned, it was an anticlimactic end to an insane fight, which demoralized her. It felt like a shallow victory despite how hard the battle was fought.

Dex-chan lover
Why is so many people confused on why she didn't eat him? She clearly lost her composure over his reaction to his inevitable death. Shaken that someone can accept their death so calmly when she's been struggling since day 1. She doesn't understand how someone can view life so differently than her and she lost it.

Dex-chan lover
Alaba you proud bastard.
Even when defeated, he refused to die lying down and helpless.
Magnificent fucker sat up and went out with dignity, acknowledging that he was bested and accepting his fate.

From a monster's point of view, it makes sense.
Alaba grew to become one of the apex predators of the dungeon, and probably became bored of meaningless fights.
When he finally got a good battle that used up everything he had, he was able to die feeling satisfied.

Dex-chan lover
On top of some of the other reasons for not eating the corpse of Alaba is the fact that she came to regard him as a person.

But I think that most reasons were moot, as his corpse was reduced to nothing edible.

I almost thought the GM guy is gonna pop up when the dragon folded his arms.

Fed-Kun's army
This chapter is probably one of the best lead up chapters for a series ever and legendary fights in this series.
So long has it taken to climb to the top, to regain her honor, and find the outside world.
Even then, the villain stands his ground defiantly, showing Kumo, "Kill me."
Kumo's dis-acknowledgement was the last thing I expected.

@0neDragon
@CharlesDexterWard what chapter in the novel is it
This chapter in the web novel is 145. In the light novel, it is volume 3 chapter 11 (11: Spider vs Earth Dragon Araba).

If you meant the spoiler/s,
D talking with Kumoko using smartphone + why students were reincarnated - WN ch 120 / LN vol 3, ch 5; also WN 149-150 / LN vol 4 ch 5
info about Sariel - forgot; TBD? it may be bits and pieces; Sariel = Administrator / goddess, goddess provides Divine Voice (temp), goddess of the Goddess religion = Divine Voice of the Voice of God religion
D is actually Wakaba Hiiro / Kumoko is a spider with D's memories - WN ch 216-218 / LN vol 9 ch 7 (not in English yet)
D's soul fragment in Kumoko = WN ch "Oshiete D-sensei! Lesson 1" / dunno if it's in the LN

I'm kind of annoyed. Yeah you are a little bug and maybe he was looking down on you should be grateful you survived the first time you met. You pay back Alaba's mercy this way? She is ungrateful and full of pride. . .or maybe the proper word is that she's competitve? *sighs* It's kinda painful to see she got upset because he accepted his fate. Mad respect for Alaba there, I was super satisfied when he was basically trying to kill himself at the end. Not because I hate Alaba but it robbed the protagonist of the satisfaction of killing him. And for me who couldn't accept that she wanted to challenge him after getting stronger so she could kill him to relieve herself of her "trauma" or whatever. This was the best. Sorta annoyed with the protagonist for spiting him and killing him off though.

e.e Honestly, I liked the protagonist but this moment here makes me dislike her a lot. e.e

Dex-chan lover
@ CharlesDexterWard thank you I was refering to Spider vs Earth Dragon Arada

@Bisami

Wait further in the story. From this point it will get only more confusing and morality challanged ^^.

Users who are viewing this thread