Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Group Leader
Why is this manga so popular? It's too repetitive and the pacing is terrible.

Aggregator gang
@pospani I appreciate you promoting the Web Novel translations, but there's already NovelUpdates link on the "Information" section above. No need to post that aggregator site.

@link because the novel is great (though I don't like the dungeon arc for its repetitive grinding) and Web Novel fantranslations made it extremely popular. The manga adaptation is disappointing.

I recently thought of starting the LN where the manga left off but from vol.1 of LN (yen press edition) i noticed that there are chapters like S1, S2 ...and so on that the manga completely skipped completely; from what i've seen so far they are about the classmates. So would it be better to start the LN from scratch ?

@Belladona
you mentioned " 'end' of her story. " in the comment, what does end mean ?... will she die in the LN ?

@xmyst yeah, those chapters are still ongoing where the manga currently is in Kumoko's story, so if you don't start from the beginning you'll literally be jumping in the middle of a story you don't know about what's going on. The S chapters are much slower-paced than Kumo's to make a contrast, but be on the lookout for a lot of world-building and foreshadowing to future events (further than anything shown in the manga so far) as the 'side' story goes forward.

@xmyst
I think he meant "her" story as Kumo POV.
In the Novel you have multiple POVs running at the same time and each one have it's own label chapter.
Kumo = # Chapters
Schlain = S Chapters
Ronandt = R Chapters

thanks for clearing that up, i will start the LN from the beginning.

can someone tell me at which chapter in novelupdates, does v7 of LN end ? or if there are eng translations of LN v8+ somewhere ?

@xmyst
can someone tell me at which chapter in novelupdates, does v7 of LN end ?
You can't jump from the LN to the WN that far in. Both versions are similar up until volume 3 after that point the LN add too much new content that it's just imposible to read the WN anymore.
Example:
In the WN Shiro becomes a goddess around chapter 200, at this point Sophia's village hasn't being attaked yet and Ariel is still an enemy.

But if you really want to jump to the WN you need to go back and start reading on chapter 150 (around the start of LN volume 4).

or if there are eng translations of LN v8+ somewhere?
It doesn't exist any fan translation of the LN. But if you can bear MTL search for the chinese version of the Light Novel (Google translator is surprisingly good when translating from Chinese to English).

@Izunia
There's still some time before that happens. Right now the manga is around half LN volume 4 and Arachne happens at
the end of volume 5
Image for those who can bear the wait
IkDaC6Y.jpg

Aggregator gang
while reading the blurb I imagined the person one the cover turning into a dragon and to a prince this happens

prince wakes towards dragon
dragon: what the f*ck do you want joe?
prince: I'm here to kill you.
dragon: THIS IS WHY IZZY FROM CLASS B DIDNT WANT TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND
dragon: I'd rather actually die if it meant i won't see you even if I reincarnate again

Group Leader
The next chapter got delayed to March 26. Seems like the mangaka has been sick lately, hopefully he gets better soon.

Hnnnn i like this but, i'm concerned about what this is going to become, i was reading the wn i think and it kinda went a similar route to other isekai mangas so i stoped, maybe i will give it another shot because i really was ejoying this.

@blablablah
Doubtful, best to just read the LN if you want that perspective. We have a translation of one of the chapters on the Discord, but that's about it.

This is a terrible adaptation of a pretty good story, just read the LNs, or even the web novel

Users who are viewing this thread