Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Been a while since I read this, then tried checking out latest chapter as of this comment 64.1 and all I saw was WW3

Fed-Kun's army
bwuahaha , I was a little worried the way the evolutions were panning out but its still pretty funny to read.

Dex-chan lover
This manga lost what made it special when she left the cave. No longer is it a bitter war for survival and growth. Now it's just stupid power scaling and whatever plot elements the author feels like throwing in. Skyships and dragons? Sure! Nuclear devices? Sure!

It doesn't help that Kumo has lost all her personality. She was a silent tsukkomi to the ridiculous and harsh world. Now she just kinda... Exists? She doesn't really have personality traits or overarching goals, she just goes along with whatever she is most recently swept up in.

Dex-chan lover
This was absolutely terrible years ago.

Age has not made it any better, only longer.

Read the wn some years back. It started going downhill when she left the cave and it never got better.
I agree. When it started, it was one of my favorites even if it updated once a month. The cave exploration was epic not to mention her growth was very interesting. But as you've said, after leaving the cave,
she met humans and then started changing to look like them and what not
I tried picking it up but it never hit the same anymore. I wanted my monster kumo. Not a tamed one

Contributor
It was always bad (like most of isekai with jrpg systems like level/stats/skills/class/inventory/etc), but it's even worse now after the cave.

Well, it was kinda obvious it would be disappointing, few authors can make it work.

Dex-chan lover
The one-month wait was bad enough. It's been nearly two months since last chapter. Did the manga enter a break?

Fed-Kun's army
The downward spiral into inevitably turning into a ordinary looking super powered human, surpised it lasted this long. Ungoliant would be disapointed in this spider but maybe we will be surprised, maybe.

The manga peaked when Kumoko was fighting for survival

Now she became an ordinary looking human... sad

Last edited:
This is a top isekai manga, as far as that genre goes. Ignore the detractors above, their opinion is garbage. I would put this on par with classics such as 12 kingdoms (juuni kokuki).

Aah yes... I can finally enjoyed the series... I came after seeing the trashy anime adaptation... Hoping for a better plot

It took me countless spoilers and visits to wiki to understand this manga, a lot of plot skips.

She left the cave and the manga just nosedived in quality. And then they brought in UFOs and robot elfs? It's just power scaling now. It was so good early on because of how hard she fought for survival, and the existentialism she went through. Just kinda makes me sad where it is now.

Users who are viewing this thread