Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

@Atys_ Yes the LN is exceptional In it's own way( though I prefer by far the WN). Well worth buying the 11 volumes (the 11th one getting released at the end of March).

@Atys_
Yup, it's pretty good. Not sure if I like the LN or the WN more in this particular case. Usually I prefer the LN's since they're more polished, but in this story it's a bit of a tossup since the WN is actually decently well written as well. The LN has a cheerier tone to it overall and feels "easier" to read. But content wise it cut out some bits, rearranged others and recontextualized yet others. I'm not even sure I dislike the changes, mind you, it's just that I'm completely uncertain which one's better.

If I were to rank the versions in quality, the LN/WN versions are the best, then the manga adaptation and finally the animu. As much as I want to like the animated version it feels like it's both too hasty AND too slow at the same time and it leaves out a bunch of detail that actually foreshadows later events. Anyway, if you like this manga version and you don't mind reading, both the WN and LN come highly recommended, though if you want to read furthest along in the story, go with the WN since the LN (at least translations wise) has not caught up to it.

Wait Wait Wait!! I feel like something wrong!
i read the ln and if i remember right then the mao attack was before the war!? 😨

TBH I don’t want her to become some kinda spider-human morph, maybe when/if she returns to earth she can be human again but I like the spider dynamic. Also protects against romance tropes

@fairylow, you are right. The manga started diverging from the light novel. I have not seen any chapter about her old friends went to the elf country yet.

Kumoko: *killing the enemy*
Demon Lord: *appears behind* Moshi Moshi!!

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@Kabeidon

It is just the pacing that is a bit weird, since we have not seen the Human side in the manga.

since the human side plays in the Future 15 years ahead

Remember the dragon egg, that was actually a different character from the Human story

Not forgetting the Timeframes are a bit weird if you read manga only, and look at the evolution tree's
Combined with the Human arc, this can cause confusion.

Since in the manga we can see Kumoko kill the Fire dragon, and evolve. {around chapter 30}
While in the anime she kills the Fire dragon, but is a evolution behind, if we add the Human battle to it from episode 9/10.

forgot about the mad demon lord for a bit there haha

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

The anime is definitely "spoiling" the manga at this point. I'd love to know if there's a place to read the LN or WN so I don't spoil the possible rest of the story

Users who are viewing this thread