Kurasu no Gyaru ni Kuuki Atsukai Sareteimasu - Ch. 23

It's too bad Shinzo Abe can't read this comic in whatever world he was isekai'd into.

Dex-chan lover
TBF, if you think pointing out the literal truth is "Incel behavior", there's really not a lot anyone can respond with.

Not to mention the issue of using "incel" as just a generic insult. The term's really lost its meaning, hasn't it?
Literal truth, huh? How many categories of people would consider that the "literal truth"?
And I have a problem with incel internet-subculture. Which is a topic that shouldn't be discussed in comments under a manga. But yes, because of the number of... probably bad actors, the term did lose original meaning.

Dex-chan lover
Literal truth, huh? How many categories of people would consider that the "literal truth"?
Every native Japanese. You know: The people that matter.
And I have a problem with incel internet-subculture. Which is a topic that shouldn't be discussed in comments under a manga. But yes, because of the number of... probably bad actors, the term did lose original meaning.
I dunno, man. You seem to have called me one for pointing out that Gyaru are stereotypically sluts; It sounds like the bad actor is you. You're basically doing for the word what was done to "Nazi" years ago.
\
Like, if your word could refer to a guy who's been (metaphorically) screwed in the dysfunctional shit fest that's modern dating, resentful fat guys on the internet complaining about women, or guys sharing Japanese culture, you should probably reevaluate what exactly you want the word to mean. It's just sloppy language when a word can mean anything and everything.

Dex-chan lover

I dunno, man. You seem to have called me one for pointing out that Gyaru are stereotypically sluts; It sounds like the bad actor is you. You're basically doing for the word what was done to "Nazi" years ago.
\
Like, if your word could refer to a guy who's been (metaphorically) screwed in the dysfunctional shit fest that's modern dating, resentful fat guys on the internet complaining about women, or guys sharing Japanese culture, you should probably reevaluate what exactly you want the word to mean. It's just sloppy language when a word can mean anything and everything.
Again, you're just lying about every Japanese person considering gyaru as sluts. There is literally zero evidence and zero confirmation of this, especially if you've ever talked about gyaru with a Japanese person, which I did. So yeah, you're just a moron who is trying to stretch his morals onto a whole other culture.

Dex-chan lover
"Citation needed"
Yes, I did. Because that is stereotypical internet incel behaviour: to assign to a part or entirety of female culture/demografic a label of promiscuity. Whether the reason is personal experience, belief in the "narrative", or whatever else, most of those, who use this term to identify themselves, have decided that instead of improving their life it's better to multiply toxicity and have a hate boner on women, which is plain stupid. That's my problem with it.
Therefore
I meant combination of the first two. Dunno how you managed to fit in the third option.

Dex-chan lover
"Citation needed"
https://archive.ph/5XjWN#selection-561.0-615.1
In the 1980s, magazines like Gal’s Life, Carrot Gals, Popteen, Kids, and Elle Girl came to target and represent this gal sector, offering more salacious and realistic stories about teenage sex than one would find in upper middle-class consumerist lifestyle magazines like JJ, CanCam, and olive. While not explicitly based on yankii (i.e. non-urban, working class delinquent) aesthetics, the magazines did offer a more down-to-earth and inclusive view of Japanese teenagers that, unlike their more well-funded and prestigious rivals, did not constantly demand Japanese women reenact American and European lives. But when the Diet singled these magazines out for bad influence on youth in 1984, the “gal” became further stereotyped as sexually promiscuous, and the term took on generally negative connotations (Namba). Men’s magazines amplified this nuance by using gal to describe the young participants on the era’s sexually provocative TV shows All Night Fuji or Onyanko Club’s Yūyake Nyan Nyan.
Yes, I did. Because that is stereotypical internet incel behaviour: to assign to a part or entirety of female culture/demografic a label of promiscuity. Whether the reason is personal experience, belief in the "narrative", or whatever else, most of those, who use this term to identify themselves, have decided that instead of improving their life it's better to multiply toxicity and have a hate boner on women, which is plain stupid. That's my problem with it.
So you're that "bad actor" you mentioned.
I meant combination of the first two. Dunno how you managed to fit in the third option.
Well, because I pointed out the fact that Gyaru are stereotyped as promiscuous, and then you called me an incel for saying that. So clearly "Discussing Japanese stereotypes" falls under the umbrella. So far the only generalized definition I can extract is "Incel is when man say not-nice thing about woman".

Which, you know... If that's how you're using that word... :unsure:

Dex-chan lover
It's kinda funny that you took a paragraph out of a first part of multipart story of the gyaru culture, and now use it to paint as "gyaru always were and are sluts"(or at least portrayed as), even though there is about 40 years of evolution of this subculture/style trend, which isn't even finished in that multipart. Feels like you are specifically focusing on a part that is convenient to you.

Well, because I pointed out the fact that Gyaru are stereotyped as promiscuous, and then you called me an incel for saying that. So clearly "Discussing Japanese stereotypes" falls under the umbrella. So far the only generalized definition I can extract is "Incel is when man say not-nice thing about woman".
Only you mentioned "bad actors" specifically. Otherwise please refer to a specific point. Because I'm not even sure to what I'm replying here.
And again, you conveniently use old Japanese stereotypes to say that they portray gyaru as promiscuous. This is why I see that as incel behaviour.

World has been falling apart for the last 5000 years. Dating culture, while does have problems, is definitely not the reason.

Dex-chan lover
It's kinda funny that you took a paragraph out of a first part of multipart story of the gyaru culture, and now use it to paint as "gyaru always were and are sluts"(or at least portrayed as), even though there is about 40 years of evolution of this subculture/style trend, which isn't even finished in that multipart. Feels like you are specifically focusing on a part that is convenient to you.
Japan isn't exactly known for its rapidly-evolving culture, its young, hip population, or its acceptance of deviation from the norm. It's not like the US, where 10 years ago, the idea that men can get pregnant wasn't in schools. Also, crucially, you don't have to believe the stereotype for it to be useful as a trope: Merely knowing of it is enough. And yeah, I'm sure the perception's lessened over the years- especially with all these shows depicting them in a positive light; but if you pay attention, even in cases like Galko, these are explicitly shown to be subversions. She fell into the style because of her own personal tasted, while her sister in that show falls much more in line with the trope than herself, and stands as a contrast to our more innocent female lead. That entire show is basically one big subversion: Part of the appeal is watching these girls defy societal expectations and get along.

TL;DR: You got your proof. Everyone knows the stereotype. All they can do is subvert the trope now.

Only you mentioned "bad actors" specifically. Otherwise please refer to a specific point. Because I'm not even sure to what I'm replying here.
Did I now?
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Here I am, posting under your name again.
And again, you conveniently use old Japanese stereotypes to say that they portray gyaru as promiscuous. This is why I see that as incel behaviour.
Right, so telling you about Japanese culture is "Incel behavior". So "Incel is when man say not-nice thing about woman". Got it.
World has been falling apart for the last 5000 years. Dating culture, while does have problems, is definitely not the reason.
It's definitely a big one, since men don't really have much of a reason to build and maintain a society without purpose.

Dex-chan lover
Alright, @BuyVelomobiles , it seems that about your point about gyaru I misunderstood(as in, you used that specifically in context of media, not irl), so I will "take the L".
However, two other points:
1) If you really need to oversimplify how I see incels, then use this please:
"Angry men calling women sluts, while not getting any game". I see them as a ridiculous bunch, but I really don't wanna to go into another debate on this point, so I won't.
2) If you want more pressing problem in society(that also probably is a more apparent probable cause of societal collapse) - the housing bubble, which is more or less apparent in a lot of prominent economies, and which leaves people insecure about their future (which also makes people push back on the family department, in favour of securing housing/living). Again, will not debate, just my point.
Sayonara

Dex-chan lover
Alright, @BuyVelomobiles , it seems that about your point about gyaru I misunderstood(as in, you used that specifically in context of media, not irl), so I will "take the L".
I'm pointing out that this is the stereotype, everyone knows it's the stereotype (Wouldn't be one if they didn't), and its inclusion in media is a shortcut to setting up a character, then either subverting expectations, or playing said character straight.

Whether the stereotype is believed these days is another deal. But if you see one in media, the starting assumption is "Oh, she's a loud, bitchy slut". (Re?)Watch Galko-chan with that in mind, and you'll suddenly see a depth to her character that was staring you in the face the whole time. That episode where she fixes the boy's hair? Yeah, that's the attitude you're at least supposed to imagine people would have of her. And, in a microcosm of the dynamics of the show, the guy pre-judges her, sees she's actually different from what he expected, and he kind of fell for her a bit.

Here, FMC is a slut: That was the point of making her a Gyaru. Instead of sitting down and explaining why she's fucking him, you get to just say "oh, Gyaru" and accept the story for the junk food that it is.

1) If you really need to oversimplify how I see incels, then use this please:
"Angry men calling women sluts, while not getting any game". I see them as a ridiculous bunch, but I really don't wanna to go into another debate on this point, so I won't.
So if I get game and still call them sluts, I'm not an incel? How did you determine the exact level of game commenters got? And what relevance did that have in their pointing out that hypothetical woman is a slut? Rhetorical questions abound!

2) If you want more pressing problem in society(that also probably is a more apparent probable cause of societal collapse) - the housing bubble, which is more or less apparent in a lot of prominent economies, and which leaves people insecure about their future (which also makes people push back on the family department, in favour of securing housing/living). Again, will not debate, just my point.
Can't start a family if you don't have any suitable mates. ;)

So why buy a house? 😐

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
https://archive.ph/5XjWN#selection-561.0-615.1

Which, you know... If that's how you're using that word... :unsure:
Upon my own moving to Tokyo in 2003, I had noticed that gyaru were basically non-existent other than tiny groups of hardcore hold-outs moving around Center-gai. In just a decade since their initial appearance, the gyaru were on the verge of extinction.
As we will see next time, gyaru style was about to experience an unexpected resurgence in the mid-2000s thanks to a aesthetically-pleasing “white” style. Not only would the gyaru become the most important female fashion subculture in the 21st century, they would essentially take over pop culture.
Read the shit you cite, moron. You absolute buffoon who knows nothing about Japan and cannot read anything outside of your idea about this country. Japanese culture changes rapidly, just not in the same way as it does in the West.

Ps: yes this is quote from your source, because this source described term gyaru before 2000.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
???? bro i don't understand is she preg or not? i already know she sold him the idea of marrying etc by sex but i didnt know she was pregnant
I don't know how I, or the story, can make it any clearer that she's pregnant. Maybe go get your head checked at this point, because nobody's been dancing around that fact.

Fed-Kun's army
???? bro i don't understand is she preg or not? i already know she sold him the idea of marrying etc by sex but i didnt know she was pregnant
They're talking about what to name them and how long it'll be until they know if it's a boy or girl. The latter especially implies that they know she's pregnant

Dex-chan lover
They're talking about what to name them and how long it'll be until they know if it's a boy or girl. The latter especially implies that they know she's pregnant
Don't forget the pregnancy test she held up as she literally proclaimed she was pregnant not two chapters ago.

Users who are viewing this thread