There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface
Consuming, confusing
This lack of self control I fear is never ending
Controlling
I can't seem
To find myself again
My walls are closing in
(Without a sense of confidence I'm convinced
That there's just too much pressure to take)
I've felt this way before
So insecure
Crawling in my skin
These wounds, they will not heal
Fear is how I fall
Confusing what is real
Discomfort, endlessly has pulled itself upon me
Distracting, reacting
Against my will I stand beside my own reflection
It's haunting how I can't seem
To find myself again
My walls are closing in
(Without a sense of confidence I'm convinced
That there's just too much pressure to take)
I've felt this way before
So insecure
Crawling in my skin
Fear is how I fall
Confusing what is real
Crawling in my skin
Fear is how I fall
Confusing, confusing what is real
There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface
Consuming (confusing what is real)
This lack of self control I fear is never ending
Controlling (confusing what is real)

Dex-chan lover
Did a quick browsing to the WN chapters that correspond to this manga chapter, and I say now that the latter is surprisingly underwhelming in comparison to the former. The WN describes his rampage (before the confrontation with the asshole priest) akin to cleaving/shooting down hundreds of troops left and right, while in this chapter... well, an artist could only do much. But it earns bonus points for the shock value of the crucifixes, tho.

@Kuroku You're trying to compare these adventurers that barely appeared on the story and have superficial personalities to the guys that died at the eclipse? If anything, these guys that died at the village are more backgroundish characters than the ones that die in Berserk.

@Kuroku
"there is more side character death in this then berserk, berserk outside of the background story for guts and Griffith it’s all background characters really. Barely any side or following characters die if at all"
If this isn't a comparison, even if indirectly, then I don't know what it is. Lots of characters that died at the eclipse were side/following. But I have to agree that after the eclipse there is a major change in the tone of the story and from there on the new "friends" Guts makes along his journey don't die.

@Kuroku "outside of" isn't a word. And the way you made the post affirms that there are more side characters death on this manga than on berserk, which, up to this point, is a lie. The way you used "outside of" was just to say that apart from Guts' and Griffith's past/background characters there aren't side/following characters, and that is not true. "outside of the background story for guts and Griffith it’s all background characters really."

Dex-chan lover
I feel somewhat bad for the asshole bully fairy... Getting your wings ripped off is almost too much. Just killing her or rubbing her head in her armpit and then spitting on her seems a little bit better

@Ribath The only part of your argument that confuses the hell out of me is: "'Outside of' isn't a word". What? It isn't a singular word, sure, but it was an appropriately used phrase. Is English not your native language or something?

@Disguised22 I just said it for the sake of it. The way he said it meant that there were only background characters except from the ones on Griffith's and Guts' background, the phrase was properly built but what he said on his reply to me was wrong, I wasn't saying that it was wrongly built. Is English not your native language or something?

Users who are viewing this thread