Kuro no Maou - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - -Alsace Defense Line- 2

Major Spoilers
Don't read if you don't want to get spoiled.
Click on the spoiler button below to view the spoilers which are in brief.
Kurono’s plan was to fight along with his fellow adventurers the crusaders for seven days at Alsac Village in order to give time for the refugees to escape to Spada. Kurono knew that it is not possible to win the war with just 120 adventurers against an army of more than 15,000 crusaders and his main goal was to only stall the crusaders for a week and then escape to Spada along with the other adventurers. This plan got backfired because of a certain Apostle.
11th Apostle Lord Misa is a mage and is capable of flight magic which is a high level magic spell, thus she was able to pass the adventurers without fighting them and went straight to where the refugees were fleeing. She is responsible for committing a massacre by slaughtering at-least 9,900 refugees while they were escaping from Daidalos kingdom to Spada kingdom. After slaughtering the refugees she then kills all the 100 adventures such as the skeleton guy, the ninja girl and the werewolf named Vulcan and the 3 elven sisters.
She has a powerful spell in which she can mind controls the werewolf Vulcan and makes him kill his own comrades in a sadistic manner. The she kills Vulcan by making him kill himself by his own sword. Vulcan dies with hatred and malice towards the Apostle Misa which result in his hatred getting transferred in his own weapon becoming a cursed weapon. Later in the future arc Kurono will decide to take Vulcan’s sword for himself which has now become a cursed sword in order to use it to avenge the werewolf’s death in the future.
This war will end in a defeat and the Crusaders will occupy the entire Daidalos territory. Kurono, Lily and Fiona also are forced to fight the 8th Apostle Ai. All 3 of them end up getting defeated and Kurono also loses one eye and his cursed sword gets damaged temporarily and his cloak that got in chapter 4 gets completely destroyed.
Only four adventurers survive this war and reach Spada i.e., Kurono, Lily, Fiona and Simon. Out of the 10,000 refugees who were fleeing only 50 to 100 of them survive and reach Spada.
After this tragic arc the story gets epic and MC will encounter the Demon King who is also a God and MC unknowingly passed the Demon Kings test and was thus got selected to receive his Blessing. The Demon King also gives him a new red eye as a replacement for his old eye which he lost during the war. He will also given him 7 trials which he has to pass in order to get new powers (Blessing) which involves killing a rank 5 (S rank) monster in each trial. Each of these trials that the MC passes will give him a special power (Blessing) that he has figure out on his own and train himself in order to get even more stronger. In short he will be getting 7 special powers.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!

@Sazor

Damn, I knew that scene where Vulcan and the other 2 had their own panel to shine in battle was a death flag. RIP them.

Damn, so much massacre. Thanks for the spoiler

Double-page supporter
Oh, so the enemy commander is not just an incompetent idiot. He's just a muscle brain.

Dex-chan lover
Wow... That priest looks more like a monster now than the actual monsters do.

Dex-chan lover
It's kinda funny that the priest has a skill literally named after the greatest jobber ever

Literally a character to make the hero look cool when he gets defeated

Dex-chan lover
Too bad they didn't have time to make the skeletor guy a sniper or anti-materiel rifle to swich to when the machine gun can't be used anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah just going by the track record so far I could already tell this wasn't going to end well. I hope the manga doesn't get axed before we can finally see the bad guys get whats coming to'em. That's the main thing keeping me here other than the absurdity of the setting / tone, and Kurono and Lily.

Dex-chan lover
I've been playing too much Total War: Warhammer 2.

I'm starting to read fantasy siege battles with guns in my mangas...

Dex-chan lover
whenever I read the word HERETIC I read it in the voice of someone from the warhammer 40k's imperium of man

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck did you just fucking say about God, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my church, and I've been involved in numerous secret purges of heretics, and I have over 300 confirmed consignations. I am trained in holy crusading and I'm the top priest in the entire cross army. You are nothing to me but just another devil. I will wipe you the fuck out with....

Eh you get the point.

Users who are viewing this thread