Kuro no Shoukanshi - Vol. 4 Ch. 24 - A New Family II

Dex-chan lover
Why 2 blessings? I thought he just wanted to fuck Mel and make her his waifu.

Dex-chan lover
Hero Summoning? is this gonna turn into a gacha like Fate/Grand Order? xD

Btw, her race is angel? not god? Well, i can understand that since its a vessel, not her real body, but 17 years old? xDDD. And how the hell did Sera win? i mean, Mel has almost 3 times Sera's stats lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Tearsax

Melfina is a higher rank angel that was promoted to her current position as a Reincarnation God... Shes not the only one though as far as I can remember.

Basically she is not a full fledged GOD. So the term angel still apply.

Double-page supporter
She may be the first wife, but he's already slept with the servant girl so she'll have to settle for second in bed.

Fed-Kun's army
I had doubts at first, but this has become just the right mix of dumb OP MC fun and hilarious twists like "let's pretend we're the bandits so I can enjoy fighting the heroes", "isekai protagonist gains the power to summon more isekai protagonists - new at eleven: the world is doomed", and "we've got the new demon lord in our party - hey, let's put fighting an empire on the agenda!". This MC is just the right mix of cocky pride and actually being a pretty decent guy, without getting too annoying or edgy.

I've also really been digging the fact that the world has been obviously impacted by past isekai protagonists (even though it's so obviously a ploy to shoehorn in THE ALMIGHTY RICE).

This story knows it's stupid, and it's having fun with it.

Dex-chan lover
@EaterOfBooks

Well, he wasn't really summoned to do any grand deeds, and he's admitted it. He's a battle junkie.
And Sera isn't really the demon lord, she was the former one's daughter, but unless she claims that title, throne or area, she's still a nobody more or less.

Double-page supporter
Melfina looks more like I expected her to be now. But I really surprised she lost to Sera.....

Aggregator gang
so then kelvin´s party is made of:
1: 2 monsters (slime and undead knight)
2: demon (demon lord´s daughter aka. princess)
3: elf (maid)
4: human (MC)
5: goddess (in disguise)
hmmmmm what is missing?? oh, right: loli and beastkin, if not more...oh btw this guy sure knows how to have his fun!!

Dex-chan lover
@Velsy True, though I suppose she pretty much is limited by the MC's stats, and probably didn't do too much fighting while doing normal goddess things.

So Sera gets similar stats and more recent combat practice? I guess. Even then though yeah, bit surprising to defeat a vessel of a goddess.

Fed-Kun's army
@Robbini

I think that's part of his appeal: he's not out to save the world, he's not out to just life a quiet shopkeeping/farming life, he's not on an edgy revenge quest - he's really just playing this like a videogame because he enjoys doing it.

I thought Sera was the demon lord by birthright, even though she's not doing anything with her power, and there's only one demon lord at a time?

@Velsy

But I really surprised she lost to Sera.....

I'm guessing that's partially because Melfina's not in her real body? From the way the characters were talking, it sounded like they've fought a bunch of times, but this is just the first time Sera won.

@EaterOfBooks We don't know what kind of system the demons have for appointing a demon lord. In fact, we know there were 3 demon lords before, and that "Sera has the same hair color as Gustav, the last demon lord". This hinted the possibility that demon lord title isn't necessarily hereditary, but it's not very clear yet.

Dex-chan lover
@Fari: from Mels stats we have seen this chapter and Seras stats that we saw a few chapters ago, no matter how much Sera has level up in those few chapters, Mels stats are still around three times superior.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156173492722717&set=p.10156173492722717&type=3&theater
If you are gonna set your series as if it was an RPG, then follow a RPG logic. Someone with those stats should one-hit ko the other, not the other way around xD

Dex-chan lover
@EaterOfBooks

Unless they have a system where they automatically 'elect' or place the currently X (some category, age, gender, skilled) person of the royal family to the next ruler after the former one dies, there's usually a lot more formalities to it, even if it's something as simple as 'I *name* hereby become the next ruler'. If they automatically do it, they still have to send someone out to inform both the people and the ruler that there's a new ruler, and said person doesn't really have any authority or status belonging to being a ruler before they've been notified and assumed the throne.

Otherwise they could just go 'The old ruler is dead. Long live the new ruler XX! But since they're not here, we'll be ruling as regent or regency council until they get here!', effectively usurping power without any legal basis to it, unless it's their traditional way of doing it , with a puppet monarch.

So yes, Sera might have the birthright to become the ruler, but until she decides to do it and does it, she's still just the princess if they have those titles (they might not have hereditary rule, meaning princess as a title might not be necessary or useful)

Dex-chan lover
So like he can summon previous heroes then that sounds interesting make him summon the weeb samurai please

Dex-chan lover
@Tearsax Oh props for actually comparing stats, I never pay attention at all to that. In that case it is kinda weird. It's really only battle experience then, which Mel probably really does have lower, but if she's THAT much higher that shouldn't be the difference maker.

Users who are viewing this thread