Kurotonbi no Seija - Ch. 16 - Emmy

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I think the level of anguish she's showing here to the point of doing a death march (literally), and not once did she say "i want him to forgive me"? Thats real.

early in my relationship with my wife, i was an absolute jackass. I was selfish, self centered, and even flirted with other women. When i realized what i was doing and how badly i hurt her i was in a very similar mindset to emmy. I was willing to do anything and everything to attone. Those first 6 months have impacted the now 4 years weve been together. Clearly my wife has come to forgive me for who i was now that ive worked on myself and put in the effort. She had every opportunity and right to leave me, but seeing that i was trying to change and be better was enough for her to give me a chance and im grateful every day for it. But the people here would have wanted to hang me from my eye sockets without a second thought.
Kudos on all of your hard work to change, that certainly didn't come easy. Congrats on finding such a catch, and coming to cherish her.

Other people are idiots, and are really shallow. Often sad, lonely, angry, bitter people, who take pleasure in vengeance.

Naruto gets a lot of flak for talk no jutsu, and rightfully so I guess. But that story really does well showing the cycle of hate, and how it takes grace, a willingness to look for the good/redemption in others, not an eye for an eye, to create change and build to a better future.

The worst part about this is, its not even like what this party did to MC was even that bad. They all got recovery magic, and the tank got hurt trying to protect the healer who isn't really needed and "can't really fight"(assumed). So they kick him out so he won't be endangered as they plan to take on more dangerous and leave him a ton of cash. Oooooooo, such horrible people. Gokus probably a worse person by many mutitudes.

(male character is actually kinda scummy(he is a womanizer and wanted MC gone for a better shot with other girls), but having ulterior motives doesn't change the rationale and reasoning used to kick MC out)

Girl in redemption arc objected from the beginning. She continued to feel guilt about MC getting kicked out then decided to quit the party as well. She wandered around feeling like shit for not standing up for him earlier, then decided to help MC no matter what to atone.

If that is something so horrible that she should be permanently unforgivable and probably deserve to die, then I deserve something that makes Dantes Inferno's hells seem like a kiddie park ride.

Dex-chan lover
I know it's a redemption arc...people changes I know. It's present in most kick the MC mangas. I don't mind it really

but it kinda feels infuriating since she's the one who shield bashes Russel to the ground while being indecisive and just goes with the flow. She only asked herself once Katie recognized Russel's strength and not even Russel as a person. As their childhood friend. Granted she thought of that but it was later on. Is she hypnotized or something. It's pretty disconnected and far too selfish.

In a way, she's pretty up there with Vince in terms of being an a*$

Tho I guess the story with go from there so it is what it is....

Last edited:
it really seems that despite any circumstances yall just want original party members to burn with no possibility of redemption or fixing their mistakes, like, fuckin hell people make mistakes all the time, and can and will regret such mistakes and try to fix them, but whether its here or anywhere else yall just dont give a shit
Im actually glad she noticed and wanted to fix it. I was also glad that her class had a feeling or trick behind it to make it powerful, its kind of new in this genre. Dont understand why people are so against her either, she was the only one feeling remorse and she noticed her shortcomings too, even if too late.
Yeah, I think the level of anguish she's showing here to the point of doing a death march (literally), and not once did she say "i want him to forgive me"? Thats real.
It took her, like, three days to turn around. But the way the story is written, it feels like it's been months before she thought she may not have been right to kick him out; that's probably the reason they don't like her. Realistically, she agreed, reluctantly, then, after hearing the whole thing was her fault in the first place, it was maybe 30 seconds before she stormed out to make amends. This world would be a much better place if your average person took twice as long to admit fault.
Wasn't she brainwashed?
Where did you get that idea?
Girl in redemption arc objected from the beginning. She continued to feel guilt about MC getting kicked out then decided to quit the party as well. She wandered around feeling like shit for not standing up for him earlier, then decided to help MC no matter what to atone.
And it's been, what, three days? In the grand scheme of things, admitting you were wrong and trying to make amends within three days is a level of virtue we should all aspire to.

but it kinda feels infuriating since she's the one who shield bashes Russel to the ground while being indecisive and just goes with the flow. She only asked herself once Katie recognized Russel's strength and not even Russel as a person. As their childhood friend. Granted she thought of that but it was later on. Is she hypnotized or something. It's pretty disconnected and far too selfish.
I'm guessing it's the Japanese thing where people don't speak up much, and just go with the flow. Author seems to have wanted to have his cake and eat it too, where there's this girl that loves MC, and feels so guilty for his situation she literally wants to die... but not so guilty that she'd speak up about it.

I read that this was just a promo for the Ln.
It is.

Dex-chan lover
If this was to promote the LN they did a bad job of making it seem interesting to read.

Every page is a Wall of text with exposition dump, repetition and explaining the bog standard magic system we have seen in 100x other mangas and 1000x other RPGs.

Oooooh are you saying that Extra Heal is stronger then Heal? Please spend 2 pages explaining why. Urgh sooooo boooooooooooooooooooring.

I usually dont complain and just dont read. But this one wasted so much potential. As others have said there is a good story and characters behind all the bla bla bla bla bla bla.

Dex-chan lover
It took her, like, three days to turn around. But the way the story is written, it feels like it's been months before she thought she may not have been right to kick him out; that's probably the reason they don't like her. Realistically, she agreed, reluctantly, then, after hearing the whole thing was her fault in the first place, it was maybe 30 seconds before she stormed out to make amends. This world would be a much better place if your average person took twice as long to admit fault.

Yeah, it feels that long in the WN too, alas, but things are going at a solid clip in reality, and it's less than a week total before shit's falling apart.

Where did you get that idea?

Presumably from the Healer fitting so easily in, among other things. And they're not... Technically wrong? She's futzing with their perception of her, I remember the descriptions heavily implying that in the WN.

But not in the sense they're thinking of.

Still, it's definitely a shame this was basically a promo, although ending it at this point isn't a bad place to end it. It's not a good place to end it, but it's about as good as they're going to get in that arc.

I would agree it's not a great promo for the novel, not because of exposition, or anything like that, simply because it just doesn't leave enough of an emotional impact or sense of growing wrongness with the Hero Party. The problem being there's no good stopping point for quite a while.

Anyway, I'll say it before the final chapter: It was decent while it lasted.

Idk man. It's fucking forced. She took the action and I hope she faces the consequences. I am tired of bullshit forgiveness just because.

Users who are viewing this thread