Kusunoki-san Failed to Debut in High School - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - I try to avoid Kusunoki in the school

Dex-chan lover
oldi749.png

That's it, this manga peaked

Dex-chan lover
How is it that this is a series that started publication in 2022 (which, let's say at the latest was a December issue), and only now in mid-April have three groups jumped in on it in the course of less than a week?
To be fair, Shadow-sama scans is the parent company of Better than Nothing scans, even through SS knew nothing about the acquisition until recently, nor do they get any help from them. In fact, the child company just gave additional work but nothing else.

Now, regarding this chapter, one of the most vital skill in life is learning how not give a f*ck about someone else's opinion. Glad both main characters got a tiny bit of that in a wholesome way. That misleading way of speaking on the last page though, looks like this fmc has the genes of a total airhead.

Supporter
Now, regarding this chapter, one of the most vital skill in life is learning how not give a f*ck about someone else's opinion. Glad both main characters got a tiny bit of that in a wholesome way. That misleading way of speaking on the last page though, looks like this fmc has the genes of a total airhead.
I mean, hopefully this at least gives him a chance to lay cards on the table about then being previous schoolmates?

Dex-chan lover
Loved this chapter. Woah, Kusunoki! You can't just drop something like that and immediately leave! Also, I thought this ever since the first chapter but the way the eyes are drawn reminds of that one manga about a vampire girl that in the first chapter she was immediately found out as vampire by the MC when she went into the abandoned school building.

Dex-chan lover
I think Kusunoki isn't a complete airhead, just mostly. She already paid attention to Keisuke as the other loner in middle school, she already wanted to be friends, and she's possessive enough about her only friend that she has no motivation to clear up the misinterpretation that she and Keisuke are dating. It's not necessarily a crush, she's just childish.

If she's really just a simplistic manic pixie dreamgirl, this series will probably get boring after the first act.

Dex-chan lover
How does one become a subsidiary of another group without the group knowing anything about it? did someone from SS scans branch of into the other group or something?
Shadow-sama scans were probably making impulse purchases late at night, credit card in hand, when they suddenly thought "would not it be hilarious to buy another translation group?" and now here we are.

Drunk-buying is real and can happen to the best of us. Never have a credit card when drunk.

Supporter
Loved this chapter. Woah, Kusunoki! You can't just drop something like that and immediately leave! Also, I thought this ever since the first chapter but the way the eyes are drawn reminds of that one manga about a vampire girl that in the first chapter she was immediately found out as vampire by the MC when she went into the abandoned school building.
Jitsu wa, Watashi wa. And it wasn't even the old school building, it was just the regular classroom at evening.

Dex-chan lover
Jitsu wa, Watashi wa. And it wasn't even the old school building, it was just the regular classroom at evening.
JWWW is the best romcom I've read.

Users who are viewing this thread