Kusunoki-san Failed to Debut in High School - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - I try to avoid Kusunoki in the school

Dex-chan lover
How is it that this is a series that started publication in 2022 (which, let's say at the latest was a December issue), and only now in mid-April have three groups jumped in on it in the course of less than a week?
Late coordinated April fools?

Dex-chan lover
Okay that last one was on purpose. She cannot have gotten to high school being that innocent. Especially if she's an Otaku. Like even the innocent children anime have.... intense and creative.... fandoms and material surrounding them.

Supporter
Okay that last one was on purpose. She cannot have gotten to high school being that innocent. Especially if she's an Otaku. Like even the innocent children anime have.... intense and creative.... fandoms and material surrounding them.
If he's going to be her first real friend connection, she's likely not going to see any alternative meaning to her words. Double entendre happens both with and without intent.

Fed-Kun's army
As cliched as this manga is, it seems very fun, cute and light-hearted. Thanks for the chapter!

I like JWWW but if you take it as a whole, does it even really count as a romcom? I mean, it starts out like one, but it kind of ended up being more of a gag manga than anything else. I never finished it, so maybe it circles back around at the end...

Dex-chan lover
Jitsu wa, Watashi wa. And it wasn't even the old school building, it was just the regular classroom at evening.
No, not this one. It came out recently. The MC had white hair and the FMC had black hair and red eyes. It also ended pretty quickly too, with only over 20 chapters.

Thanks though. I remember this one too and it was hilarious

Supporter
I like JWWW but if you take it as a whole, does it even really count as a romcom? I mean, it starts out like one, but it kind of ended up being more of a gag manga than anything else. I never finished it, so maybe it circles back around at the end...
"Romantic Comedy" -- it certainly has both those aspects, unless somehow gags and comedy are mutually exclusive from each other.

Dex-chan lover
I'm really loving those two interactions, hope they keep at it... And, well, you know, PROGRESS the SHIP FULL SPEED! :>

Dex-chan lover
I read a lot of romcoms, but Jitsu Wa is on top. Tbh I have a "top 5" of romcoms which would be Jitsu Wa, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Tsurezure Children, Kaguya, and The World God Only Knows, in that order. JW is perfect the whole way through, perfect blend of plot, comedy, romance, drama, and heart. TC has a lot of heart and is good with the comedy and romance but lacks the extra oomph to push it to greatness, but is still quite solid. TOxA is amazing but I wish it had lasted a bit longer to show more of the epilogue. Kaguya and TWGOK have strong starts that lead them to my top 5 but falter. Imo TWGOK falters a lot harder towards the end but Kaguya is more formulaic and I respect series that have something new to offer a bit more. Kaguya is probably the best formulaic romcom though. I dropped it while one of the ishigami miko arcs was stagnating but I'll pick it up again to finish it.
For sure! JWWW is the only romcom I've reais that balaces comedy and romance greatly through the whole series, it's a shame the anime didn't live up for the quality of the manga. Kaguya was great for me, but after chapter 151, they add too much drama.

Tsurezure Children is one of my favorites too. If you like TC, I recommend you Senryuu Shoujo.

Dex-chan lover
Though the MC is still a bit annoying (sometimes understandably due to his background, but often also simply asshole thoughts/reasonings), this is looking to be a fun little manga.

Users who are viewing this thread