Kusunoki-san wa Koukou Debut ni Shippai shite Iru - Ch. 13 - She is the trauma that still haunts me to this day

Dex-chan lover
The snake girl has the making of a bully/sociopath, absolutely no consideration towards other people, especially to guy that puked on you even though you suspect you're the cause of him puking :kek: Only viewing people around her as tools if they can be useful.
MC was down because of his trauma still isn't cured. And while he was down the trauma herself made her move and invade his space. You know what is missing from this guy? A little anger. Like how dare this girl keep meeting up with me, can't she see she's a pain to me? Back off! kind of thing.

Dex-chan lover
The thing with what that person said about "sensitive topic".
The guy is free to treat any matters pertaining him as "sensitive". There is no rule saying that only sexual abuse constitutes sensitive topics.
He's treating it like it was legit trauma
This very chapter, his body made him react by vomiting when exposed to a certain stimulus as a consequence of what has happened to him in the past, if that is not trauma, then I do not know what is.

Dex-chan lover
Obviously, but not saying shit to anyone won't improve the situation

It's not like he was a victim of sexual assault, he only found out he was being emotionally played with, that's it

So there's no real reason why he can't share that with someone trustworthy
bro let me lay it down for you because you seem to be having a hard time understanding. He has trauma from his experience its not as fucking simple as "getting over it" he probably needs therapy too. It's really easy to just look from the outside and say "he should just do this its so simple!" but it's not that black and white

Dex-chan lover
Welcome to being a boy in modern society.

And that's why men don't get therapy.
This guy is having literal PTSD reactions because of Hebikawa. Isn't it fair to want him to warn his emotionally sensitive friend about it? To speak up even a little bit about it to someone who completely trusts him?
Toxic masculinity is why men don't get therapy, sure, but his being completely passive and non-resolute to the point of being unable to help a friend, is just as bad in the opposite direction. Surely there's a reasonable middle ground where he attempts to help his friend avoid being hurt like he was.

bro let me lay it down for you because you seem to be having a hard time understanding. He has trauma from his experience its not as fucking simple as "getting over it" he probably needs therapy too. It's really easy to just look from the outside and say "he should just do this its so simple!" but it's not that black and white
You're right about trauma and how he should or shouldn't react to this. But now that someone he allegedly cares about is being targeted by something he outright knows is going to seriously hurt her, it's not about him or how he should feel about Hebikawa anymore. It actually really is as simple as privately talking to Kusunoki in a way she can personally relate to, about this person who hurt him so bad that he underwent a complete makeover as a defensive coping mechanism.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

It's really difficult to do anything if a snake is already coiled around you. He's already about to get swallowed up.

Dex-chan lover
How is that so hard to say??
You're greatly overestimating the competence of a high school boy. One who spent 10 chapters trying to chase away said friend until realizing that she specifically wanted to be friends with him.
I'm not one of those people that believes in bottling stuff inside, doing that will eat you from the inside out

That's good. Sadly that still isn't a popular sentiment among males. Be it for pride reasons or being physically, socially
, or financially incapable of finding someone to properly talk to. And it's only gotten worse since my high school days a decade ago.
Isn't it fair to want him to warn his emotionally sensitive friend about it?

The thought process is along the lines of "just because she was shit to me doesn't mean she's shit to everyone". Keisuke still considers himself a loser and Shizuka meanwhile is "top tier" in high school popularity. So of course he thinks that Ririsa probably treats someone on "her level" properly, like Shizuka.

Is that sound logic? Not to a proper adult, but that's the curse of a high school boy. Can't say I was much better.
Surely there's a reasonable middle ground where he attempts to help his friend avoid being hurt like he was.
He's slowly getting over it, but I still think there's a shred of "Shizuka will make popular friends and move on to better people" in his mind. He did still say how he wanted a "peaceful high school life".

To prevent Shizuka from "ascending" would be to hold Shizuka back, and Keisuke doesn't want that. Again, High school boy logic.

Dex-chan lover
The barf was such a wonderfully set up joke, author probably came up with the symptom just to deploy it at the perfect time

Dex-chan lover
I still don’t understand why he didn’t warn Shizuka about Ririsa from the beginning. Toxic people like Ririsa don’t get better with age.

Dex-chan lover
shizuka really messed up here. as a friend, she should've noticed how he really doesn't want to and is very uncomfortable, much like in previous chapter when he forced her to make friends with other guys.

I hope she realizes this and apologize once they met again.

this chapter was so uncomfortable and gutwrenching, I really felt what MC did. tho I think it's actually good he puked on her lol.

The fact that she's literally the only girl he's on friendly terms with is more of a reason to share that with her

How is he gonna hope to get over this trauma if he just keeps that bottled up inside? Plus it would've possibly avoided the whole puking situation if Shizuka at least had an idea of what's going on with him
Well... It is the logical thing to do... But it would be his first time talking about his trauma with someone and as a person with some emotional and trusting issues I can tell it's very hard to express it. The whole reason for his make over was to gain confidence to get male friends. And I used to tend to avoid my fears like the plague so I wouldn't have to confront them, so I can't blame MMC.
But also they are also still learning how manage their emotions and to deal with them. Even many adults still have those problems.

Dex-chan lover
There's so much wrong with this chapter, but pretty much everyone talks about it. The gist of the issue is that it just feels like people are doing things. Something that's annoyed me for a while is what the hell does the MC want? He's largely been ropped into helping the female lead... and that's it. I means there's signs of feelings starting to develop, but nothing strong enough for the dude to confront his trauma head on like this. Also just in general he feels like a side character in the Manga at this point. Like he doesn't do anything except follow the female leads whim. He was otherwise happy in his high-school debut and avoiding the literal source of his trauma before the female lead. Why the heck is he continuing to humor her and why to this extent?

Users who are viewing this thread