What trope in anime that was weird to you at the start and still weird to this day?

Dex-chan lover
The trope where student councils actually have any power at all.

Dex-chan lover
When a monster joins the party but transforms into a human with barely any "monster traits" if at all. Doubly so if they make the monster traits into a "character quirk" and/or lolify the character.

Fucks sake, I want a dragon in the party, not a loli that eats all the food because "hurr durr, dragons eat a lot".

Aggregator gang
For me it's the subliminal p*dofile symbolism everywhere. Like wtf is wrong with most of these animes

Dex-chan lover
Fountains of blood out the nose. I've never seen this happen in real life and it's so weird to see in anime.

Dex-chan lover
the trope where apparently everyone has a 99% chance of catching a cold if they get their clothes wet in the rain
Small cough of death.

Fountains of blood out the nose. I've never seen this happen in real life and it's so weird to see in anime.
I get bloody noses sometimes. Real gushers. It's unpleasant but not what I would describe as a 'fountain.' Mostly has to do with the dry air.

Dex-chan lover
OP isekais MCs, there're too much. Like bunch of Zubats and Geodude in a cave
Getting OP by showing nothing and relying on time skipping and such, why don't the author show their growth? His/her success and failures? Don't give them OP cheats (or disguised as useless). Just give them the basic things to get by. Magic power/mana for example
If the Reincarnation theme isn't doing anything, might as well make it a Fantasy instead
If the MC is "OP", then make everyone else also OP. (now that I think about it, that sounded stupid)

If the setting/story isn't "serious" I guess it's okay to make them ridiculous/stupid OP as hell

That's why I like Mushoku Tensei, Shield Bro, and Ascendance of a Bookworm to name a few

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Slaves. The twisted logic they take to justify why it's "ok" is cringe.

Panty shots are one thing, but finding convoluted ways to come into possession of panties and even more convoluted ways to keep them in your possession until a """misunderstanding""" happens is......quite a choice of all time.

The circle jerk of anything about Japanese culture and it being the solution to any problem.

I like Japanese culture but it's just so extensive that as soon as the MC shows Japanese culture everyone reacts in a WOW fashion. It's ok the first few times but it's just so recurring that it gets very apparent in the story.

Dex-chan lover
The slave thing usually just feels like author fetish fuel when I see it in manga/anime. Not that that makes it all that much better but....
It's not. It's a combination of lazy characterization and justification for loyalty, simplified organization structures that leaves all the power in the MC's hands, projection to overlap slaves with black company employees(which, as you can guess, is often not really accurate), and the usual japanese flavor of "oh no the system is bad, let's support it".

THEN you add the fetish stuff after that, since the slave status is then used as an excuse for harem tropes.

Dex-chan lover
The trope where people who isekai particularly high schoolers remember everything in biology, engineering or literature.

Users who are viewing this thread