Kusunoki's Flunking Her High School Glow-Up

Dex-chan lover
It's kinda weird to see a female mangaka writing a manga that is supposedly shoujo, but in just two chapters is able to cram in so many tropes related to shounen "romantic comedies".

Dex-chan lover
Mc is a sexist ngl. Like one popular girl calls you fat and ugly and now you judge every girl you come across? Wouldnt it make more sense for him to hate popular people? I mean the defining reason she was doing that was to get popular, both genders do it, so why the women hate? Lol

Dex-chan lover
v. surprised this is under shoujo demographics with how shonen-y it is, but i'm curious how it'll progress

Fed-Kun's army
Mc is a sexist ngl. Like one popular girl calls you fat and ugly and now you judge every girl you come across? Wouldnt it make more sense for him to hate popular people? I mean the defining reason she was doing that was to get popular, both genders do it, so why the women hate? Lol

Well, I think it has a lot more to do with trust issues. We don't really have that much context yet, but from what we saw in the first few pages, seems like she was friendly with the MC, and the MC took that as being a good friend, potentially even seeing her as a potential romantic interest. Sadly, he got backstabbed pretty much. Realistically speaking, developing a certain trauma off of that is not too farfetched, especially since they were very young(middle school). Let's not forget that the girl that badmouth him might also have potentially been his only friend, which makes the shock of being backstabbed much more heavier.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I think it has a lot more to do with trust issues. We don't really have that much context yet, but from what we saw in the first few pages, seems like she was friendly with the MC, and the MC took that as being a good friend, potentially even seeing her as a potential romantic interest. Sadly, he got backstabbed pretty much. Realistically speaking, developing a certain trauma off of that is not too farfetched, especially since they were very young(middle school). Let's not forget that the girl that badmouth him might also have potentially been his only friend, which makes the shock of being backstabbed much more heavier.
Ok thats fine to say he has trust issues but why to girls only. Like hes totally gine making male friends and such but women are untrustworthy to him? Thats a bit much, if she was going kut with him as like a sympathy case id get it cause then thered be a reason to be scared of getting into a r romantic relationship with the opposite sex. But its not and its just weired

Fed-Kun's army
Ok thats fine to say he has trust issues but why to girls only. Like hes totally gine making male friends and such but women are untrustworthy to him? Thats a bit much, if she was going kut with him as like a sympathy case id get it cause then thered be a reason to be scared of getting into a r romantic relationship with the opposite sex. But its not and its just weired

Well, IMO, ppl deal with stress and trauma very differently. Believe it or not, phobia or fear of women is a real thing, it's called Gynophobia. Now, in this context, like you said, it is a bit too much to say he has developed a fear so big that he would just hate or mistrust all women entirely. I guess that it is fair if it is only against the snake eyes girl, since she is the cause, but I do agree it is pretty silly to have him hate all women. Then again, these type of manga has to add something silly to make the story drag on lol

It's rather clear cut as to why he only has trust issues towards attractive women and no other group of people.

Because to him, it was only an an attractive female classmate that hurt him. You might feel that simply being called "fat and ugly" is nothing, but for people with very poor self-esteem, hearing that from one of the few people that actually talks to them? That is a huge blow.

In his mind, no other people have hurt him to this degree other than the "attractive woman" category, so naturally he develops a phobia towards them. Sure, an attractive guy could do the same thing to him, but in his experience, that hasn't happened to him before. As such, he won't suddenly hate attractive guys just because an attractive person wronged him.

I'm in no way saying that this is how you should cope with getting bullied in school, but what I'm saying is that his reaction makes sense.

bro was traumatized by popular girls, he thinks all POPULAR girls r mean, not just girls lmao

finding out this is a shoujo was the biggest plottwist of my life anyways i am already falling in love w this... im a sucker for cute comedic romance and the girl is so cute😭

Ok thats fine to say he has trust issues but why to girls only.
Because boys don't play stupid games like that, they either straight up bully or fight.
On the other hand I had similar experience with a girl that pretended being friendly and chatty.
Though i can't really relate to comically exaggerated trauma, puking and all. For me it's just not taking women seriously and giving them cold shoulder.
Also heroine being a moron is quite jarring, i hope she is pretending to an extended, otherwise this author and manga sucks too much.

LTV

Aggregator gang
sigh maybe reading a little mid can be kinda peak

really enjoyed this one even if its kinda boring and by the standards. prolly just the mood I'm in rn

Dex-chan lover
FMC and only FMC looks like she was drawn by Hiro. It's so strange to me, but even so, hers is the only design I really like for that very reason.

Users who are viewing this thread