Kusunoki's Flunking Her High School Glow-Up - Vol. 4 Ch. 27 - Today, I need to avoid getting too close to Kusunoki, at all cost...

Dex-chan lover
Also, I don’t get all these comments saying "MC is such a wimp". Like, he’s never been the player type, he’s never been portrayed that way. Plus, it’s totally justified in the story why he acts the way he does. I mean, if he suddenly started hitting on her, that would make zero sense given everything that just happened. It's literally only been a few days and it's obvious he hasn’t come to terms with his feelings yet, let alone decided what he wants his relationship with Kusunoki to be. So, chill out and give the guy some time. This manga is about overcoming trauma, not about getting laid xD
He's not NOT HITTING ON HER. He's going out of his way to actively avoid her. There is a HUGE difference.

What would you think if a girl that you considered a friend started giving terse replies and walked away every time you said anything to her in a normal conversation situation?

Dex-chan lover
THIS IS HOW YOU GET AN EPIDEMIC OF NTR DOUJINSHI!
IT'S TO MAINTAIN COSMIC BALANCE FROM ALL THESE SELF-CUCKING ROMCOM MAIN CHARACTERS.

At least that's my theory.

Dex-chan lover
Shizuki acting stupid as usual

"Sure let me avoid the person I'm catching feelings for, I'm sure that will go smoothly in the end"

Holy fuck, for once....can you grow some balls kid?
Avoid the person and force situations for her to be alone with the guy who is drooling over her and who she doesn't want to get near her... Why?

Dex-chan lover
Holy fuck, for once....can you grow some balls kid?

tbf I get it. He realized two things a few chapters ago

1. his affection to Hebikawa was superficial (she was pretty and not mean towards him)
2. he's not sure if his affections to Kusonoki is superficial or not (she is also pretty and not mean towards him)

the results are very similar to vol. 1, but the context is 180. He was just trying to pawn her off other people back then. Now he's trying to not put her on the same pedastal he put Hebikawa on long ago. It's partly a defense mechanism to avoid repeating the same trauma.

Of course, we realize he's overthinking it, but tbf it's not like Kusonoki has fully realized her feelings yet either. Could be solved by one more proper communitcation about her feelings and his full backstory between them, but it might take a bit.

Double-page supporter
So hes afraid his first girl friend will reject his feeling, is that it?
I cant think other explanation for this pussy ass behaviour.
He's afraid he will pop a raging boner right in the middle of a beach (read open space) in front of the girl he likes, and there will be no way to hide it or make it go away.
This is the best and most plausible explanation (also something I was afraid of, myself, especially after witnessing my female friends literally point and laugh at one guy's boner at the beach when we were teenagers).
Just one small drawback - he'll look like a cunt and it will make Kusonoki peeved.

This entire chapter is painful. I didn't think he would actually invite his friends, what kind of retardation is this. Even Kusonoki was bewildered for the entirety of the chapter, she couldn't believe that this guy actually did that.

Also this was a very cinematic pout at the end, had like 3-4 pages of anticipation.

Aggregator gang
I feel like this happened before.. At least he's just embarrassed this time, instead of some kind of inferiority complex

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

That 'mu' moment. She probably really wants to personally make Shizuki forget all the bad vibes (i.e. I don't think it's anything romantic right now).

So hes afraid his first girl friend will reject his feeling, is that it?
I cant think other explanation for this pussy ass behaviour.
In fairness, we must remember that he has tried approaching others before about being friends or dating (remember the first chapters and their flashbacks). As an outsider it's easy for us to tell he is being a dumbass, but for him, he definitely doesn't want a repeat of what happened with that Snake.

Fed-Kun's army
What a wuss! Kick this guy's MC status please!

And I hope Hebikawa is on next beach chapter 😭

Users who are viewing this thread