Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Ch. 73.1 - Traces (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
Cats like to wander around and do silly things. Quite oft missing a night or two along their meals and sometimes way longer, causing a huge amount of worry to their owners, only to return just as suddenly as they disappeared. Sometimes with some gifts along.

Oh, the manga is still alive? I thought the artist was arrested for tax evasion? Are they going to use another artist for this one?
Plead guilty and was deemed "non-malicious" so most likely fines + payback plan. I atleast didn't find any news about the actual sentence, but I can't read moon nor do I know if Japan has a habit of publishing sentences.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, the manga is still alive? I thought the artist was arrested for tax evasion? Are they going to use another artist for this one?

They were indicted, but doesn't sound like they are going to prison.
Here's a google translation of the artist's response on twitter:
I'm sorry about the tax return.

Before, I was ignorant about taxes and didn't even bother to file my tax return.

I was instructed to pay the tax office's tax return and non-filing surcharge in 2022, so I paid the full amount immediately. I'm currently asking a tax accountant to file the tax return and pay the tax properly.

I will accept all the consequences of my unavoidable and forced actions.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you in my old age, so please continue to support me. I deeply regret my ignorance of all of you and your tax obligations.

I will never do something like this again.

This is a personal matter. I am in charge of the comic adaptation. I have no apologies to the original author of the work or the other artists involved in the comic adaptation of the work. Please be careful not to confuse the two.
from

Contributor
Shout out to everyone in last chapter's comments who accused the OTHER series' mangaka of getting arrested for tax evasion when she's just on maternity leave.
Honestly, whenever I think “oh I didn’t glean the subtleties of this chapter, clearly I have poor media literacy” I see stuff like that and take solace in the fact that I at least have basic literacy

Dex-chan lover
Ah, more riddles plus imagining the written kanji! That's a hurdle translators have to face constantly with handwritten texts... sometimes the mangaka writes poorly or get the kanji wrong, others it gets mixed and you have to try all the possible combinations. But yes, now that they found the first cat, catching the big cat will be easy for our big frog man!

Dex-chan lover
In all seriousness, the IRS (or whatever it’s called there) only cares about you paying your taxes. They don’t want to incarcerate you because then you would pay even less. So they help you pay your missing taxes, etc. Jailing is only for huge tax fraud cases
National Tax Agency (Or Bureau, by some translations).

She pled guilty at the beginning of June to tax evasion to the tune of 47 million yen, which is well over a quarter million dollars, and apparently has a long history of delaying and obfuscating her taxes. She's probably going to pay some hefty fines in addition to the unpaid taxes, but that part's not public record.

Since she already has a history with them apparently, this was a level up from ordinary 'in trouble with the tax bureau' trouble. When they moved to indict, it was a really big deal, it seems.

Dex-chan lover
Catcat as always has quick thinking she used the other Catcat to help make a hint, unfortunately, the clue she left depends on a lie... unlucky.

Luomen's punishment gets more and more suspicious, as grim as it is... if child deaths were a normal thing, a doctor of his caliber should have gotten some leniency considering the quality of his service and the situation in particular clearly has strenuous factors but he still got a heavy punishment.

Curious if Rakan already knows about this whole situation, if he knows... things will get heated.

Dex-chan lover
aggregator sites have two more chapters than md, someone in previous chapter told me those are from licensed publisher

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Just in short amount of time she can leave a hint around, good thinking...
@.@...

Reactions: le3

Users who are viewing this thread