Kusuriya no Hitorigoto ~Maomao no Koukyuu Nazotoki Techou~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Maomao And The Curse

This version is interesting. But I definitely like the other one better. The subtle differences in suspense building through scene selection are evident. I feel the other one says a lot more by saying less. I also prefer the other's art style. I'll probably still read both because we all need more MaoMao in our lives.

Fed-Kun's army
so far the story is pretty much the exact same, more details on some parts less on others, typical of an alt release...but I gotta admit, I prefer the art style of the original over this, and being used to the original, the name changes feel weird

Dex-chan lover
The tl doesn't even "do" subtlety and just outright calls him dickless instead of eunuch. I love it.

Ehi, no group, you are great you know? Thanks a lot for picking this version!
As for others anyway I prefer by a looong way the first version on mangadex. It must be a sort of imprinting 😁 no seriously I think it's better

Whoa to think that a work could get so popular to have TWO MANGA VERSIONS GOING ON AT THE SAME TIME?!?!!!!! Wowza

Thank you for translating! In general, I like the details in the art of the other version more, but I like how Maomao looks in this version more. The other version of Maomao looks too cute while this version fits her character more, I think.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Why would there be two different takes on same LN?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. By the way.... which name is the right one between this and the other? kinda confused because I used to the name from the other one

Double-page supporter
i'll be honest, i prefer the art of the BG version. it's cleaner, sharper, and I think the shapes of the people are more varied and pleasing. but i agree that I think this maomao's design fits her character more than the other one---she looks insanely adorable, round, and cute like a mascot lol

thank you for picking this up!! i'm very excited to read more kusuriya content ^w^

Thank you for the TL! I have to say I also like the art style for this one more, the other one is cute but a bit too moe sometimes for me (especially when it comes to Maomao), so this is a fresh look ^^

Now that is a stank face, and I agree with your TL decision re:names! For a manga set in China, I do think that the romanizations should be more in line with actual pinyin.

calling her just 'apothecary' sounds a bit weird. maybe 'apothecary girl' or 'medicine girl' (instead of the typical medicine man).

Ty for picking up this version of the series!

Users who are viewing this thread