Kusuriya no Hitorigoto ~Maomao no Koukyuu Nazotoki Techou~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Maomao And The Curse

@smashman43 you can check google for some LN illustrations and I personally feel it is a bit closer to GX tbh, but it is distinctly different from either art styles. The other series is just... very cute. So it feels more like a comedy manga.

LN picture:
026.png

Do you mean the J-novel release? Yeah, we at the Discord are really excited about it~

GOD BLESS YOU FOR TAKING UP THE TRANSLATION OF THIS MANGA I SUBSCRIBED FOR SO LONG IN HOPE OF SEEING IT TRANSLATED
On an other note, I saw that one of the translator's names was Aurica. Are you the one who was translating until now the webnovel? If so thank you soo much I will be eternally grateful to you for translating the wb😭

@Okage-sama it is, in fact, the same Aurica. Some members of the scanslation team are part of the KnH Discord, if you're interested. We talk about all versions of Kusuriya a lot. 😂

Fed-Kun's army
So this is another adaptation of the light novel but supposedly follows the events there more closely?

Supporter
. . . . okay, I guess I'm now reading a second manga adaptation, while I wait for the official LN translation (and try to resist the temptation of the unofficial translations), and pine for more chapters of the webnovel . . .

I think I might be addicted.

Aggregator gang
You decided on Chinese names but are keeping Japanese honorifics?

Fed-Kun's army
Wow I had no idea these characters had different names in Chinese! Well some stories use courtesy names and titles, so this shouldn’t be that hard to get used to

What I like with this art is that Maomao looks really like a 17-18 yo girl while in the other manga she sometimes looked too young, way too young compared to the people around her almost as if she was 12 yo. (Not always though, but it'd still make me a bit uneasy esp her dressed up scenes with Jinshi looking like an adult, when they both are approximately a year apart). On the other hand, what this manga fails to express is her unique, mad scientist personality. For now she looks like a typical shojo protag but hopefully the art will evolve.

Dex-chan lover
i like this manga so much i'm reading two diff versions of it T_T and i guess the scanlators like it so much too XD

I like that the characters look older here ! Even though the art is not as pretty as the other version's, imo it has its own charm~ (and I'm kinda glad that I was able to read the message in traditionnal chinese haha)

Fed-Kun's army
i really can't have enough of this story lmfao, thanks for picking up this version too!!! tbh i prefer the art on the other one but this one is way more fast paced so. they both have their pros and cons. the chinese names are ... weird with the japanese honorifics, but i guess it's just a matter of getting used to it? thanks again!! (lmao mao mao's face at the end)

Users who are viewing this thread