Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Vol. 4 Ch. 15 - A Request to Mao Mao

In case some of you didn't know or interested to know more about 'foot binding' since it's very summarized here. It's an effed up beauty standard that was done in Tang dynasty. It was all started when a concubine from an inner palace have a problem with her feet (I forgot, it could be due to injury or she did that on purpose) and her feet looked way smaller in return, not to mention, she became really weak and couldn't even walk properly so she had to be supported all the time. The Emperor liked this concubine both because of her 'small feet' and her difficulty to walk since it's considered 'cute' and boosted men's ego. Because when the concubine can't walk properly, she needed some support and the emperor liked to provide this support which encouraged other women to bind their feet until their feet shriveled up and became basically half-cripple. Don't do that, kids.

Dex-chan lover
Wait so a concubine that's the same age as the emperor is too old to remain a high-ranked consort??? She's only 35, for god's sake it's not like it's impossible for her to have a child! Add that to a 9-year old (now 14) high-ranked consort and it's starting to feel like the emperor is only attracted towards younger woman (and the late emperor is just a straight up pedophile).

Double-page supporter
Lol I don’t get why she hates the ML so much, I mean he does seem overly flirty but he’s literally always helping her out. And no homo but he’s kinda cute too so

That dialogue about women liking to naturally compete with each other is such an outdated take... Almost put me off, really.

Users who are viewing this thread