Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

TLDR: the romance makes me uncomfy but other than that everything else is good so I'll still read it.

To be honest this feels more like a case of stockholm syndrome rather than romance, he was basically about to r#pe her in the cave, I just can't understand how this can be called a romance?? Also, whilst this is my own preference tbh all the romance scenes in this manga are below lukewarm. (except for the cave scene, that.. was just. Like??? Wtf??) But other than the "romance" the plot is pretty cool, even though she should be a maid (since she can't be an apothecary yet) she's basically a detective! Still gonna read even though the "romance" gives me the heebie jeebies since it's interesting.
Mao discovered that he was not actually a eunuch. Given how dangerous it would be for her to be aware of that in the context she understands his position in court, she didn't want to acknowledge it. He, at the same time, is clearly very sweet on her and was deeply offended and frustrated that she refused to acknowledge that he is actually a fully functioning man. Since she wouldn't listen to him, he put her in that particular position to make it very clear that he was functional. Definitely inappropriate, but it is also clear that he never intended to actually do anything to her beyond what he had done to shock her into acknowledging his manhood.

I think the romance is fine. It's clear that this is more of a slice of life manga, and the romance is not really intended to be the main focus of the story. It's simply a running thread throughout. I think the overall World building is extremely well done and though it's a very slow burn, it's all very charming.

Hello! Does anyone know if there is a schedule for releasing upcoming chapters (English translation)?

Aggregator gang
I like to know too after the manga artist is in trouble with taxes. That seemed to be kiss of death for many publication.

TLDR: the romance makes me uncomfy but other than that everything else is good so I'll still read it.

To be honest this feels more like a case of stockholm syndrome rather than romance, he was basically about to r#pe her in the cave, I just can't understand how this can be called a romance?? Also, whilst this is my own preference tbh all the romance scenes in this manga are below lukewarm. (except for the cave scene, that.. was just. Like??? Wtf??) But other than the "romance" the plot is pretty cool, even though she should be a maid (since she can't be an apothecary yet) she's basically a detective! Still gonna read even though the "romance" gives me the heebie jeebies since it's interesting.
you did not read the same manga as everyone else bro, calling that "about to rape her" is the fucking mountain of all molehills, dramatic af

i mean it can be understood that some people interpreted it that way but yeah it was def more about jinshi feeling upset about her choosing to stay ignorant instead of painting the bigger picture... though i still felt icky about it nothing bad happened obviously, plus romance isn't a huge aspect in this manga so there shouldn't be much to be expected. it's the plot that really shines here and is the reason why i picked it back up again after hearing it got an anime adaptation

Users who are viewing this thread