Kyougaku Koukou no Genjitsu

Dex-chan lover
so can anyone tell me who won? i liked the tomboy but it seems like the recent chapters before it was abandoned was leaning towards the other girl.

I said fuck it and bought the final volume on bookwalker lmao. For those interested in the romance of this. Nothing seems to happen. The ending is really abrupt, almost as if it got cancelled or something. What a shame.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I'm really rooting for naraki and urauchi to get together, and it honestly feels like they've got a chance, but if i were writing this i'd try a little harder to make urauchi more moe. Like, you can have him be as ugly as you want, you just gotta think a little more about what an ugly man can do to make a cute boy's heart go doki doki, you know? Have him get his dick stuck in a beehive or something.

wait what is a co-ed high school? I know high schools and males or females only high schools but what is a co-ed high school? Is that something in japan only?

@LordGray it's just another name for a mixed gender highschool. Regular highschools are co-ed, but we don't call it that because I guess single gender schools in the west are a lot less common than in Japan.

People still use the term "co-ed" in the west, since it means co-educational.

However, in the west it's a bit more sexist since it usually only refers to women (ex: the term "hot college co-eds"). The origin of the word actually comes from how only men went to school, and all the females were referred to as co-eds (quite the opposite of all these co-ed mangas). It then became a term where co-ed implied women, when exposed to a male-centric environment, are somehow more willing to put out.

There are a ton of regular and single gender high-schools in the west, but the term "co-ed" has mainly dropped. If you start looking for it, you'll start hearing it more.

Group Leader
@RunaVolkov
The origin of the word actually comes from how only men went to school, and all the females were referred to as co-eds (quite the opposite of all these co-ed mangas).

The origin of the term "co-ed" was actually first used in print by Louisa Mae Alcott in her "Jo's Boys" and was short for "co-educational system." It wasn't used until the next year as a noun meaning a "girl or woman student at a co-educational institution."

@FredFriendly Strange thing to correct. Co-ed does literally refer co-educational system, which I already acknowledged (since it literally a shortened "co-educational"). The origin you pointed out is the literal first usage, but the origin I was pointing out was the reason why it was commonly used.

Kinda splitting hairs at this point. It's not like most people would know "Louisa Mae Alcott in her Jo's Boys" just off-hand (unless you really knew it from literature studies, and not just googling it to prove some point to a stranger on the internet), and was irrelevant to my point about how it would be common in the west to have the term, "co-ed."

Dex-chan lover
Aww, I thought it was a trap on the cover. Anyway, most people have been in co-ed schools so what's with the "reality of" thing? It's not an uncommon thing, right?

Users who are viewing this thread