Kyuubo: Suterareteta Dragon Hirotta

Double-page supporter
The story really doesn't know where it wants to go, the action scenes don't look good, this whole concept could've been done without the dragon and very little would change. Overall the first few chapters were fun but the more action-y sequences definitely didn't feel as good.

The world and it's mix of "culture" is interesting/intriquing but the pacing is all over the place with no clear direction. One can only wonder if the novel had a more profound world-building compared to this manga version of it. It is a shame they they need to cram in the stereotypical story tropes instead of exploring the bizzare world with some character building. 5/10.

Is the OP a bit slow in the head, he doesn't seem to know what is going on with anything.

@Spar The story is on track no problems there at all.
Say what you want I kinda miss the harem in this one a bit. What I don't get is how is this slice of life and action at the same time... It's one or the other.
I'm kinda glad it's focused on the MC and the dragon and not on random people and society no one cares about.

c'mon guys, what with those bad comment? this is fresh idea (not a reverse isekai). the artist is not that lazy, he draws many background in every chapters (it's much better than some shoujo tag/ isekai artist out there). even if the plot is not that deep, this is fun to read.
it's good in it own way.

There's some interesting ideas here but the execution is rather lacking. It's not actively bad, just kind of boring and unfocused.
More importantly tho the title and description both promise baby dragon shenanigans but instead we get MC getting dragged into a terrorist attack because some brat didn't like him getting chummy with a girl.

dude i just want this to focus on the dragon I don't give a shit about the fucking terrorist attack

Am I the only one who feels so... Lost? Confused? I dont have a right word for this.

It had a great setting, dont get me wrong. I just feel like the execution was terrible. No comments on art or anything since it delivers what needs to be delivered, but Im just... really confused with the story's direction/execution. Either that or the TL is really not edited well enough for the story to properly flow.

Dex-chan lover
So, this manga's setting is not a version of our familiar world, but rather a fantasy RPG world that have moved into a modern setting as opposed to the usual medieval fantasy setting?
Until I can see the global geopolitical map of this setting and confirmed that this is our world plus fantasy races, I just treat it as a the latter.

I find this manga weirdly compelling but I can't say I think it's good. I like the idea of a modern world but with fantasy elements like the MC's childhood friend is a dark elf and his grandparents are an orc and ogre. However it has a nasty habit of pulling things out of nowhere like a few chapters in it's revealed the MC's dad was a world famous adventurer and the joins the adventurers guild when his dad loses his office job.

The author starts the manga with the MC finding a lizard that turns out to be a rare dragon, but the dragon feels like an after thought at times. The dragon doesn't really have a meaningful impact on the story until chapter 10. It just feels like a story without a focus or an editor keeping the author on track. I compare it to "Let's Buy the Land And Cultivate in Different World" where the MC gets summoned to another world, has the power to get the maximum ability out of whatever he touches, get's an isolated plot of land to farm, and accidently fishes a mermaid that becomes his wife. In one chapter you get everything you need to know about the manga and everything that comes after feels like a natural progression to the story. I'm not saying its deep but it feels structured.

It's funny how the mc looks like a normal human but has a lot of non-humans in his family bloodline.

i cant tell if that cover is cute or she's going to take my hair and make a voodoo doll out of it

Dex-chan lover
dear god, this manga is trash mc has the most bullshit Plot armor sword don't work and i guess the gun doesn't work on him and the fight scenes suck so bad and anyone hit mc he doesn't fight

Lost all interest in this when in the most generic turn of events possible they gave the cute pet character the ability to turn into a loli.

Users who are viewing this thread