Kyuuseishu ≪MESHIA≫~Isekai wo Sukutta Moto Yuusha ga Mamono no Afureru Genjitsu Sekai wo Musou Suru~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Things That Don't Change

Dex-chan lover
why is he surprised by a smartphone so much, and getting a message? He said he was from 2000s, so he knows what mobile phones and SMS are. It's safe to say many of us have lived through the transition from simple mobile phones to smartphones, but the basic principles of texting and calling haven't changed much, so the mc is being weird.

Contributor
why is he surprised by a smartphone so much, and getting a message? He said he was from 2000s, so he knows what mobile phones and SMS are. It's safe to say many of us have lived through the transition from simple mobile phones to smartphones, but the basic principles of texting and calling haven't changed much, so the mc is being weird.
Yeah, that doesn't make much sense. What I could think of is that phones from his era were called 携帯電話 "keitai denwa" (mobile phones) rather than スマホ "sumaho" (smartphones) that's more widely used as a word today for mobile phones. But it's just a terminology swap, the calls and messaging (actually email, not SMS) functionality used in Japanese phones should still be there. Although they do seem to use LINE nowadays for all of that now but still, he's supposed to have a brain to figure it out.

Dex-chan lover
Lol, I find it funny that he demanded respect, but only asking for kun. Instead of san or sama.

Dex-chan lover
I know it's been a while, but I think he is not surprised by getting message, but by the person texting all short messages. Because before smartphones, we need to pay for every message we sent, so we used to just text one really long message until we reach the character limit.

And also image message, or as I remember is called 'MMS', also cost really a lot of money and I don't think anyone in my life ever used it before, that's also another thing that he is surprised about.

Dex-chan lover
I think this is the only manga I have read that is about Urashima Tarou from 90s in 2020s technology (well or in this manga's term, 2040s), the reaction is refreshing and I believe I will have the same reaction if the same thing happen to me. One long text message to short messages and image message feels so amazing.

Also I don't understand what's the difference with adding 'kun' between 2 guys with the same age.

Last edited:
Although he lacks material evidence to report that bully for assault, he could still report him for intimidation using the phone messages as evidence. I don't know about Japan in 2040, but it is currently considered as a criminal offense punishable by law in multiple countries.

Fed-Kun's army
Lol, I find it funny that he demanded respect, but only asking for kun. Instead of san or sama.
Araki-kun was probably one of the group that threw the MC off the roof of that building and had it claimed as suicide by the MC.

Dex-chan lover
Takeru should make Araki-kun well acquainted with Eraser-kun.

Users who are viewing this thread