Lady Baby - Vol. 3 Ch. 87

why is everyone being salty about lippe acting like an adult? telling her to eat candy, blaming her mother? LOLOLOLOLOL

first, she's an adult inside that small body, she's basically an adult who went through hardship because she could't save her family
and, second, this is a MANHWA! this isn't a real world, everything about this story is not a true story and based on the author's imagination, FICTION.
just sit back, read, and enjoy the story! don't forget to thank the translators too

Dex-chan lover
@mintx17 @Aurorastar Well, its the medieval ages there so there is no law against child labour or anything. During those days teenagers were already veterans at war. Also, a noble child has more authority than the most senior of common birth. Our world's history is quite fucked is all I'm saying.

People get angry when a reincarnated adult acts like a child, and here people are getting angry when a reincarnated adult acts like an adult? Is there really no way to satisfy people? Her parents are idiots. She needs to do this or else her whole family is gonna get fucking murdered!

@walter_vi_Britannia ohh.. well i guess you're right, i forgot that people who considered as adult are much younger when you compared it to now..
and i agree with her parents are idiots lmao

@Walter_vi_Britannia Not actually a spoiler, just spoiler tagged it coz the message is big lol

You're missing the point. I'm not mad about her acting like an adult, she's mentally an adult, so she can do whatever she wants.
It's her misconception about the law and that being accepted which is making me mad, also bad parenting and shit like that. She said her parents can't take decisions in her stead... like what? OFC THEY CAN. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN, KID. Aren't you an adult? why would you say that?
And physically, she's not a teen. She's a CHILD. she's like 3-7. I don't even care tbh. as long as she's under 15, her parents have full custody and authority over her. They can and should make decisions for her as she's a minor and can't give consent. That doesn't mean her opinion shouldn't be considered though. She can give her opinion and the PARENTS should consider it and then come to a conclusion. That's how parenting should be. In the first place, selling your kids' pictures like that is... yeah, like, excuse me, mam??? And then leaving them to deal with the mess... wtf? No matter how mature she is, leaving a 3-7 yo to make decisions for herself... not correcting her when she spoke of the wrong law? lol, ok. The parents are... I feel bad for her tbh. RIP
Also, who said anything about child labor or being a war veteran? Even if we were to talk about that, do you think child labor exist because the kids want to? no, it's the parents who force them to do it. or they have no choice. Same goes for going to war. Most kids would stay the fuck away from it. In any time period, no 3-7 yo would make huge decisions for themselves, they'd have parents or nannies or their guardians or whatever to do that for them. Except for orphans or homeless kids, sadly.
And yeah, it's just as you said, her parents are idiots. That makes me mad as well. She's got bad luck. But at least, since she can, i think she should speak to her parents about this as well so that they can correct themselves. BRUH.

Welp~ at the end of the day, it's just a stupid manhwa. Everything has plot holes, so whatever.

As much as I love the art style and parts of the plot, I'm starting to get tired of 80 chapters of a child who every chapter surprises someone from her knowledge because she's actually an adult
When is it time for her to grow up?

I don't think justifying what happened by "this is medieval time" is quite right, since if it was really a medieval setting it wouldn't make much sense. Sure emancipated child had the right to decide for themselves, but the head of the family (the father, because the idea that the parents should decide for the children came way later, back then ony the father would have that power) would decide otherwise and Lippe isn't emancipated yet. She's also a woman, so she most likely wouldn't have been able to decide how her picture would be used if she was in medieval Europe anyway. Hell, there wasn't any image right back then anyway as cameras didn't exist.

But I also don't think that this have to be "justified" in any way in the first place. This is a fantasy setting, this is not an historical manhwa. The laws don't necessarily have to be the same as they are now, and they also don't need to be the same as they used to be back then. The author can decide of the whole setting of the story, including the laws and customs of the imaginary country the story is taking place in. There are goddamn cameras in a "medieval" settings and you guys are arguing about whether or not the laws make sense, smh.

As to how she's acting like an adult... Well she IS an adult. And the whole premise of this manhwa is about how an adult reincarnated in a child body will act like an adult to save her family. If this surprises you at chapter 87 then I'm not sure if we've been reading the same manhwa. Actually I'd much rather have this kind of story instead of a story like "I Am a Child of This House" where
in chapter 1 they tell you that the main character was a 23 years old girl that was isekai'd, but somehow the author seems to forget that she was isekai'd or something. Because the character still acts like a child, even after she grows up and she's 16, to the point that heck even I forgot she was isekai'd in the end. The isekai part is also never brought up throughout the whole story, which really makes you wonder if the author didn't add the isekai part just to follow the trend.

I prefer stories like Lady Baby where the isekai part actually makes sense, and where the adult character acts like an adult.

With this being said, I'm starting to understand how her family came to ruin if her parents are this stupid lmao.

I don't mind that Lippe acts like an adult, even if it should be impossible due to her undeveloped brain regardless of memories, it's fantasy. However one thing that bothers me is her parents acting like children to make her seem smart. Like, how can you let a child make all the decisions and lead all the conversations? Even if you know she's smart, children should have a more passive role. You're the role models, so act like it.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, you're FIVE! Your parents DO get the legal right to make all decisions for you unless you're being abused, then you'd be removed from their custody to another's, be it a person or state's, but that is also for modern first world nations. If it's a more older setting like this one, might not even get that protection from abuse.

Competing with the Youngest Princess with how long they're gonna stay as children, huh...

Users who are viewing this thread