Lady Evony - Vol. 2 Ch. 45

@draw2much Oh, absolutely. Furthermore, at this stage, I believe the relationship would be way too unequal. Ebony is still very much wrapped up in her gratitude to Dante, willing to become "his tool", "his chess piece", if only it doesn't cost her her life.

Needless to say, for a romantic relationship that sort of devotion is a bit not good. Even now, if Dante weren't so careful, I don't think Ebony could effectively set boundaries with him, which is simply no way to build a romance.

The true test will be when/if he ever does something she disagrees with.

Not all physical contact needs to have a sexual undertone to it. There's a thing called comfort, you know.

Thank you for the update! I teared up when Ebony admitted her pain😭 I'm glad she can rely on Dante for comfort

Double-page supporter
Marcus being a sole witness is too effing fishy ok????? Like how the hell they rule the case anyway....

I bet he's the killer....

Lmao, it's just like all the other people said where they will pull the sex on marriage is not rape bullshit

Omg seriously Duke (I actually don’t remember his name there’s too many webtoons) and Ebony’s relationship is the most beautiful, heartwarming, and good. They seriously top it for me. It’s incredible how Duke cares for Ebony in the best way possible, both physically, emotionally, and mentally. It’s such a sweet sight.

The flowers. Gosh 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Poor ebony, I’m glad she was able admit she’s still hurting, it must be so hard trying to keep a brave front up all the time when a lot of times ur not alright. I love this manhwa it’s so beautiful and inspiring, ty translators

Oh hey. So not only did they frame her but also got all her money (remember, there's no law that prevents women from inheriting in this empire).
Wow.

Also, I love those moments when the duke takes care of her so tenderly.

Oh poor Ebony. 😭 I’m so glad he was there to console and comfort her. I can’t even begin to imagine the pain she must be feeling.

That scene made me blubber like a complete baby.

Thank you for translating and posting this new chapter!

I’m gonna be weird, but I can’t see the relationship between Ebony and the Duke in any way other than the one between a protective and encouraging father and a fragile daughter who’s growing up and getting stronger. Any other possible relationship would seem to me completely wrong and even incestuous, at this point...

Props to the author for not forcing romance in this kind of situation and just focusing on Ebony's journey to healing. Also, Dante is the BEST ML.

Let it all out, Ebonyyy!!! Poor girl, I'm so happy everyone in that house loves and cares for her :)
Also, now we know who went and killed her father, I'm sure Juro will be able to weed Marcus out
Thanks for the update!!

Such good writing on Ebony’s journey to healing. Major props to the manhwa artist for displaying this entire section so beautifully.

Is so refreshing how realistic it is; not only there isn't a miraculous trial that ends quickly but also the tool on her is real... I wish more stories took it readers seriously like this one.

Ty so much for the quick updates!

Dex-chan lover
@Lucrecia I wouldn't say you're being weird thinking about it that way, but I can't really agree with it either. If anything, they're in such a classic romantic story set up (specifically, stuff like the so called "Florence Nightingale effect") that it's hard not to see it as regular old romance, granted on a bit of a slow burn since there's a lot to do before it would make any sense for either side to pursue it and the story is largely focussed on that for now.

Users who are viewing this thread