Lady Rose wa Heimin ni Naritai - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Double-page supporter
This is going so dark and twisted. It's like a tragedy has unravelled from a light hearted otome game.

I'm being sucked in and just want to see her succeed in whatever it is she wants.
Right now though, anyone can tell that she is hitting her limit.

What did the king tell Nika?? Anyone know?

Double-page supporter
This is really interesting... I'm not sure how I feel yet about her backstory reveal (I hate to sound cynical but I always get really guarded when media tries to tackle abuse stories) but, in a way, it makes her motivations feel a lot stronger. Resisting controlling parents/parents using you for gain is compelling, though I would argue not all that relatable for many people. But giving that specific context to WHY she is fighting against this idea of "this is how you should be/act".... I think that's a lot more relatable. It also explains her REALLY strong physical reaction after meeting w/ Mel. .... And kinda makes the yandere/dom route w/ her younger brother a feel a lot more fucked up.... jeeze. I'm really interested to see where this goes.

(My one fear is I hope they don't try to set up other opportunities for abuse/dredging up past assault trauma.. it could turn out really exploitative. But we'll see)

@ciarahades
- open the page with adobe photoshop
- go to image > adjustments > levels..
- see the level input panel, there's 3 'arrows' at the bottom, one on the left(0) one in the middle(1.00) and one on the right(255).
Drag the middle one to the left and the hidden text will be readable

btw @Suzune almost got everything right

Dex-chan lover
Whoa. This was a painful peek at her past, but people are reading way more into the brother than I was. Rather than rape, my mind went to the most sociopathic form of narcissism where he emotionally manipulates and abused her.

It still sucks either way, and I can totally see this being a full-on war against fate for Rose now.
On the bright side, this time she has people who love her like Michelle and Nika.

Dex-chan lover
@Rover
Are her brother that bad? Can you guys tell me why you assume her brother is a bad guys cause for what i see her brother just kinda self centered maybe

Lemme ask you this: is there someone that you simply don't like/are on bad terms with in your immediate family that you'd move out of the house while you're still in high school (read: a minor) to live on your own in an attempt to get away from this family member... and then when they finally spot you out in the city you are so damned scared that you immediately freeze, turn, and RUN THE OTHER WAY into oncoming traffic?

...Dude, no. Only utterly terrified and traumatized people do something like that. I have no idea what she suffered at her brother's hands, but whatever it is... it was BAD.

For those not understanding her Trauma with her brother.
Not everyone can deal with constantly being compared to somebody amazing at everything.
Not to mention them always being brought up when they talk to you every time you try to live your life.
Imagine this.
Every teacher, friend, neighbor, store owner, etc, etc, ALWAYS bringing up somebody you hate and comparing you to them in everything they says for all of your life.
Not everybody has the willpower or mentality to deal with something like that.
Then she chose to mask her feelings behind a false mask in order to deal with the day to day.
Just bottling her negative emotions.
When somebody bottles negative emotions it goes a few ways when it finally breaks from being compressed so much.
The main two are these:

1. Explosive destruction.
This can be portrayed or done as somebody just letting it all out and yelling, kicking, breaking things, hurting people.
In my opinion this is the most healthy out of the many outcomes since it releases it all at once which then ends in a crying heap.

2. Self destruction.
The mind goes blank and you don't think in any actions that are causing you self harm.
Like her choice of running out onto traffic when she saw her brother on the street.
Thus ending her life.

Mind you I don't know the future chapters, for all I know he did something to her.
But from how it is shown all he did was be an airhead who didn't realize the effect he had on her and just wanted family skinship as it were.
I hope this explanation helps somebody?

Ahh I remember reading the many censored 'X's in the LN and the comments were thinking of different things lmao. But on another note, I don't think she was raped. The abuse she received was the manipulative emotional kind, but it looks like the brother himself wasn't aware of it.

Ahhhhh I feel so exciteddd there are more mysteries incomingggg

I think the brother might be just an airhead....or he is a manipulative guy.

Well, it is similar to my own life...I am the brother by the way.

I am academically gifted, cheerful, easy to make friends and to my country standard, I am quite good looking. So my little sister is often compared to me in which saying I am better.
Even though a lot of times my sister was also praised for her own talent, I think the frequency of being compared as the lesser one is higher.

The main thing is "DO NOT COMPARE YOUR CHILD WITH ANYONE" doesn't matter if it is a good or a bad comparison. Just say she/he is bad/good and what is the standard of good you expect...I think that is better.

Example of her attitude:
1. She (7 yo) was playing tag with her friends. Then I (10yo) came to play too. I didn't mean anything bad, I just want to play with my little sister and her friends. But then she cried loudly and shouted at me "Whenever you are around, my friends don't want to play with me! I hate you!" It shocked me....so I remember, even if my little sister (now 24) doesn't.

2. I studied seriously in high school and got a scholarship for a program that let me finish bachelor degree and directly go to master in a much shorter time than usual AND got me a secure well paying job. She was not happy...she sulked and said something like "why are you so lucky? It's not like you study...you always play games and all that. I study seriously, why am I still stupid!" and give me a complicated glare. Like a little hateful a little sad a little helpless.
And confused me can only said, "What are you talking about? I study too, just not at home." LOL great move there brother! sigh..

3. I am talking about my friends and the silly things happened at work. She laughed (not polite laugh, the tearful stomach hurts one) and asked questions. Then I asked about hers. She suddenly becomes unenthusiastic with even saying "why do you wanna know about my friends?", "shut up", "none of your business." what the heck...

Back to the manga...Since the trauma is only projected from her perspective, I hope the brother is not an ei-hol (I am not sure if this site censor bad words in comments lol)

Insecurities and trauma are really hard to deal with. hopefully, you guys can manage your mental health.

In case you are wondering why I am still with my sister even though we are young adults, I live in a country where it is normal to live with your parents if you are not yet married. While living in your own house/apartment, not your parents, just because you are an adult is seen as unfilial.

Dex-chan lover
The heck, I don't get her original life story. So the family didn't pay enough attention to her? Didn't see clearly whether she was abused by anyone. Only red flag was the redactions and one frame of the brother holding a key made him seem stalkerish, but it's really not explained well. Makes me feel like it can be interpreted that MC is melodramatic. Leaving the origin story so unclear, I think isn't good, except when it's a good mystery.

Fed-Kun's army
@thatonejester actually, I grew up in that type of environment.
My older brother was the better one at everything. Everything that we did, he was always better at, whether it was academics, sports, or music. Every teacher that I've had that my brother had in the past always remembered my brother, and some of them commented how I wasn't getting as good grades as my brother.
To my parents I am the dumb one. To my relatives and my parents friends I am the failure of the family.
In my own opinion I am just an average person, like in academics my grades are slightly above average. It's just that my brother is better than me. In high school he graduated with the academic rank of #1. I graduated with the academic rank of #200. He went to an Ivy League school, while I did not.
However, I have never once held my brother in contempt. On the contrary, Im proud that I have such a high achieving brother. Am I the weird one? I don't believe so. It just differs from person to person.

@Niconicoknee
No you aren't weird, like I said it can go a few ways.
I only stated the 2 main negative reactions/ends to that situation.
Like you said, it varies from person to person.

I feel bad for you @MrFunplace
I hope u can mend ur relationship with ur sister asap.

Since i've been in the same situation, but the i'm sister role, everything's the same (the story plot) ... But it's only until i reached highschool
It's like i switched place with my brother.

I was told i'm inferior compared to him, but it's the opposite now. We had a fight, big one. Atleast we did try to reconcile, good thing it works. So, my relationship with my brother are good now
We're pretty chill, well sometimes argue over silly things like what a normal siblings do

@Chinqz Thank you, I hope so too.

It is not always bad though. She just sometimes relapse(?) but we do help each other on important stuff so I guess that is a plus.

I think you now have a good relationship then. I mean I heard that a fight once in a while, as long as you make up afterward, is a sign of a good relationship. It also helps you to get to know each other better. May both of our sibling relationships become stronger and gives more and more positive effects on our lives. :D

Users who are viewing this thread