Lady to Queen

Woohoo! Thanks for more translations. I'm shocked how psychotic and out of control this redhead is. I've known some freakin selfish, greedy, arrogant people but daaaaayummm. And how wonderful of the author not to give her any redeeming qualities so we can freely hate on this witch and eagerly wait in anticipation for her downfall. I can almost taste the satisfaction already.

My two cents on translation quality just because I can and feel like pretending i'm wise and know that most are going to ignore all this anyway:

The newer translation did break any deep reading immersion for me, but that's the "downside" of being fluent/growing up with one primary language beaten into you in school. You have to learn the "right" way to read and the "right" way to write. It's like the "right way" becomes its own sub language and you can only understand it that way. I think it's especially bad for those who had to do "well" in school. Education ruins fun! Lol.

Some of my europpean friends or asian friends find it funny when I cringe at crude translations from their country's language.....but then they cringe when i go and show them a crude translation into theirs....😂

Thanks for the chapters but it's very hard to read. I'm willing to reformulate the sentences for you guys into common English.

Beautiful story but crappy translations. It feels I am reading from google translate. But thank you for the effort though.

Aah... I kinda get it...
If its for native or someone who studied English(actually, any language) it would be hard to enjoy any read that's not in the right grammar...
Thank you for explaining it to me 😊

For that case i hope the translation team fixed that so the fans is not leaving

The story's pretty interesting. I really hope Rose ends up leaving the palace somehow lol

I really hope the scans team would find a proofreader though cause it's kind of hard to understand the flow of the text. If any of the scan's members see this, I really hope they consider getting a PR. I wouldn't mind joining to become on at this rate just because I want to understand the story a little bit clearer.

Hopefully the scans team doesn't take this the wrong way; I think all those following the manga just really want to be able to read without being confused by the grammar and sentence structure.

@zanas
cool. I was trying not to be snooty about it because one is thankful for what one doesn't have!

@Maech
when I translate off of google translate, I will still take the time to restructure the sentence so you don't go screaming down the hall... I've had nothing but success with that app. I get a little to geeked about it.

@jenpai
If they had an editor position, it would be great. That position doesn't have to speak Korean either, I have done it before with on Otakumole and it just takes re-reading and changing stuff around.

This is the reason we stumble so badly over the translation as is (because it's not horrific or anything) is because we are doing in our minds what you are offering to do for us (which is why It takes twice as long to read and therefore hard) but for FUTURE readers, I'm sure anyone would love to have it flow correctly for them. I'd just rather see your efforts posted in the comic rather than down here in comments. I'd just hate to see anyone duplicate efforts, it's so redundant, you know?

I don’t know if this scans team has a position available for proofreader, but I wouldn’t mind re-reading translations to make sure they have a smoother flow and are more easier for readers. Thank you for your efforts though! I as a fellow reader appreciate this a lot cause I’m unfamiliar with Korean and it’s tough going through the process of using google translate. I’m sorry if this comes off as mean, that isn’t my intention, I just feel like it’d be nicer to improve these translations.

Thanks for the translation and effort though it would be nicer if there is someone who can properly check the flow and grammar. It's pretty hard to read and understand.

For those who want to read forward.

Link to the novel:

https://wordexcerpt.com/series/lady-to-queen/

Cool art + story so far, thanks for all your work! As previous commenters have already said, I think a proofreader would be a good addition to this project. Looking forward to future updates.

thanks for the translations! i was hoping if you could maybe get a prooofreaders tho? i appreciate the efforts but it is getting quite hard to understand.

to anyone who are interested in being their proofreader: maybe message their fb page? or any socmed they have so they can see ^^

I was about to comment on proofreading and editing but seeing all these comments on it...enough is said lol
I'm not usually that sensitive on grammars.. but this is just too obvious ^^;;
If translator-san put up a wanted banner for proofreader or editor, i'm sure many are who are willing to apply.

Tqsm for your hard work :)

So far the Translations are fine until chapter 12. But From chapter 13 onwards, it's getting difficult to comprehend the story.😥

😊I'm thankful for the chapters, but I hope you accept people to help with the proofread. It'll help you learn English as well if it's your goal to learn while translating.

I get that translations are made in their free time, but it's just impossible to read.
At thist point it feels like they don't want to make a proper translation, considering all the (ignored?) help offers in the comments.
I really like this but sadly I have to drop this until they fix it or someone else picks it up.

thank you for the translation! I’m happy with whatever you give ! I still get the context!

Seriously, the quality of the translations dropped to rock bottom. I appreciate the TLs do this in their free time, but I would prefer it if they didn't put out anything at all if its going to be unreadable.

From chap 18 to 20 i’ve been grinning from ear to ear..
😂😂 eat that shiii biitchh!! Hohohohoo..
Im tears.. eh no saliva.. lol lol lol

Users who are viewing this thread