Lamia Orphe Is Dead

she honestly thinks she knows everything. her way is the right way of course. it doesn’t matter that uri has no will, whatsoever, to be the duke. it doesn’t matter that uri’s hand can be fixed if she just uses aquila’s oath.
no. she arrogantly thinks that the only way for uri to be happy is by forcing a future that he does not want, because that’s what she planned. it has to be correct. it has nothing to do with uri’s happiness or security, it’s all about that disgusting pride of hers.

I don't know why but everytime Lamia does something it rubs me the wrong way. 🤔 It's also frustrating how she always thinks that what she does or wants is always right and I think Uriel is hiding something that might put a wedge between his and Lamia's relationship.

Aquila's personality rubs me the wrong way - from what I can see, he completely changes his personality around Lamia and even though they're not on good terms at the moment, it feels incredibly emotionally manipulative to change your entire demeanor in front of one person, to hide your intentions with sugar coated actions and words.

There is potential in this story. It's interesting and the characters are complex in the manner that there is so much hidden background that we won't connect until we get further into the story.
I feel one of my favorite characters is the Duke, I know there haven't been many scenes in his appearance but unknowing he holds a big part of the story of where or where it doesn't begin. The reason I like his character is that he sees the bigger picture, He doesn't trust the 2nd prince and he is in constant battles to have his daughter for his heiress.

He is clear sighted and his experience has factored much to the reasons we hopes to give the mantle to his daughter instead of son.
Something that Lamia doesn't understand. Lamia is a conflicting character, I like he stubborness and sharp wit and cunning but she those same qualities also work against her. It's hard to make her change her opinion even from those whose opinions she values. She holds strong values and she loves her family strongly enough t o put her dreams away to seek justice for her family. She's over protective of her family and she's young and those things work against her favor. Something her father has seen and has attempted steer into a positive direction without changing her.
Heck even if he didn't like it, he agreed to her request initially until he didn't have too.
So here's my theory as to why The duke oppose for his son to get the mantle. Well foremost, unlike Lamia's initial belief that the duke is not seeing Uriel's hard work he does see it. He sees his attempt and sure he doesn't have Lamia's natural aptitude to being a duke/duchess but it can be taught. He might not excel but with effort it could be average and decent. So it's not for the lack of teaching or talent that the duke is reluctant to give it to his son, it's just that it's not what uriel wants. However he does try because of Lamia's insistence, and at URiel's current and passive character he reluctantly does it. The duke sees it, even the vassals take note of it even if they only have speculations and even Lamia herself sees it but denies and convinces herself it's the best outcome. So the Duke agrees but he battles it out with his daughter to give her the mantle. I think one reason he hasn't said anything about Uriel's hesitance is that he wants her to learn from this or take note to what's happening.
With given the situation what will come to pass?
Uriel has ptsd. Nuff said, but he is a good kid, just easily pushed around at least by Lamia. It;s clear that he has many unresolved issues and his going through a hard time and clearly he hasn't processed what happened to him fully. It's something that lingers and clings and it doesn't help that Lamia tries to help but it might be a hindrance instead.

sp the ML has powers. And from i am getting he has re-winded time more than once and he remembers almost every instance Hence the conflicting personality traits. Lamia on the other hand doesn't really see what's going on but she is also having these dreams that don't make sense but leave her shooked but doesn't remember it when she wakes up.
It's the maid!!! I knew it! She was suspicious from the moment she tried to play off at Lamia's bedroom.

Dex-chan lover
Either my lack of sleep is more severe than I thought, or I just read 5 times chapter 1 and it has annoyed me to the point of waking up. What did I just read 😣
Ahh... Sleepy again 😑

@c_w_ng
from the looks of it he's not doing it on purpose
from the mention of the dragon rewinding time at the beginning and the statement that he "inherited" its magic the likely story is that Lamia becomes the 2nd princes friend but is assassinated and he rewinds in an attempt to rectify it. so similar to how Lamia is getting flashbacks(flashfowards?) to the previous timeline he probably has conflicting memories which would explain his strange personality changes(since he literally apologizes the moment he realizes what he said to Uri)

The way the 2nd prince reacts to Uriel in this chapter doesn’t make me feel he’s saying that to « this dimension uriel », I feel like he’s saying these things to his timeline Uriel (maybe in his timeline the ML was the nice one and Uriel a « bad guy »)
Anyways I’m saying that to those who say he changes personality, he’s only nice when talking to Lamia; maybe it’s because HE knows about what people do in the future and resent them even tho they seem innocent for now
That was my rant for the night peace out

As much as I like Uri's cute personality and Lamia's strong personality they are seriously pissing me off. Im only liking their father bc hes the only one that thinks.

i know a lot of people don't like lamia but i absolutely love how conflicting she is. she's very hardheaded and making decisions for herself and her brother (even though he clearly doesn't want to be the duke), and that to me speaks to a lot of very interesting character choices. kind of tired of generic good girl mc who falls for the dude--she has every reason not to trust him, her brother i find very interesting, and aquila too i want to know more about. dad is very clearcut but i love how lamia doesn't automatically agree with how he says--so much delicious intercharacter conflict!!

I really think lamia’s brother did something in the first timeline for the ml to act like that, though it’s unreasonable (even if my assumption is true) since the brother really hasn’t done anything wrong.

😫This is my theory

The guy that met Lamia's brother in the alley was the first prince in disguise.

If the ML wants to kill Lamia's brother, he doesn't need to go that roundabout way tbh. The first prince is the one from the very beginning who is portrayed as the tyrant who is thirsty for blood and power. Thus, the very existence of the second prince is the threat to his power.

So in the previous life, he tried to put the 2nd prince in danger by harming those who are close to the 2nd prince. Which would explain the second prince's behaviour after the younger brother defending him in public. He tried to put the distance between him and the brother by threatening the brother in front of the girl - who is probably the 1st prince's spy. However, as there was no harm done to the brother and his trust in the 2nd prince not swayed, the 1st prince decided to act and harm the younger brother.

If that's the case, it would explain why the younger brother felt like he was meeting 2 different people.

Because he did.
Tbh I can't wait until the heroine remembers everything and puts all the drama behind. 😫

oyo

20 chpaters in, still doesn't make any fucking sense, why are you still scanlating this shit ?

I'm on the 5th chapter and I think I need to take a mental break. The concept is nice but the author needs to pull off everything more smooth but then again I have no fucking idea what happening. Maybe everything will come together after a while????

Anyways if you like mindless romance then this is not for you. If you like thinking then go ahead, this is good for you.

Users who are viewing this thread