Lamia Orphe Is Dead

I actually can't relate to most of the critique that this manga is confronted with. This story deserves more recognition!

I don't think that the events are as confusing as often stated. For example, the fact that
Aquila can turn back time
was hinted within the beginning chapters, maybe even the first. There are constantly little hints on that and actually already explain the confusing relationship to Lamia.
Maybe just my opinion, but the new turns of the story actually enrich the plot. In my opinion the story is slow-paced in its revelations, but still has a lot going on, I really like that. It leaves enough hints to spin theories and leaves things in the dark to make it more spicy. I really enjoy mysteries like that! Reminds me of my favorite manga Pandora Hearts.
Things can't be explained or stated just right from the beginning - that's the crux of a mystery which makes it so much fun. I feel that everything is connected in here, so every detail could serve to the “solution“.

Of course, Aquila's story with Uriel is horrifying. I've read an interesting theory about the incident that explain the motivation behind Aquila's actions (still, not (!) an excuse for his actions, but an explanation), but I could imagine that there's also more behind Uriel, we even got to know that
he has a drinking problem
, maybe there are more secrets that he is hiding from Lamia relating to Aquila - just a theory.

I agree that the comedy elements sometimes feel off and could be placed elsewhere. Though I enjoy them, just a personal taste, hehe.

The characters are interesting, though I don't like everyone with all of my heart I enjoy the idea of the strong and rational female lead and her rather dependent brother you would consider “weak“ in stereotypical, binary views of masculinity and femininity, especially in their feudal surroundings. Interesting premise!
And I don't want to defend Aquila and his actions in any way, but I am just melting away at his awkward adoration for Lamia, every time he blushes I am literally smiling like an idiot think he is an interesting character and I am fond of learning more about him. Hope the author finds a way to explain his back story with Uriel in a satisfying way, but I am pretty sure I won't be disappointed.

In conclusion: I am just a sucker for mysteries leaving small hints that interconnect with each other, dubious background stories, feudal intrigues, the hate to love trope combined with some amnesia and awkward cuteness overload.

This was my mini-analysis, thanks for visiting my TED-talk on the topic “why mystery plots matter“

@indigo99 100% agree with you. This story is great, I especially am fond of the fact that our FL isn’t immediately blushing and fumbling around just because there’s an attractive guy nearby. Overall a good read, I’m a sucker for mysteries

At this rate, there is no way that this end's happily for everyone. We have aquila, a guy who's personality change's in a moments notice, lamia, who has promised her permanently injured brother that they would bring Aquila down but is now becoming conflicted and trying to lie to herself, then the injured brother who is hiding things from his sister. So you know, not a picture perfect fairy tale. I'm also wondering when we will meet the first prince...

I think the first prince worked together with acquila to keep her alive

i like the concept of this story but its getting old having no fucking clue what's happening i want answers soon

I dont get how aquila is saying he feels sorry for what he did to the brother when he threatened him a couple chapters ago

It's pretty clear he only tolerates everyone else because hes in love with lamia

I'm interested to know how they had a relationship in the original timeline if he did that to the brother or maybe in this timeline hes purposefully playing the villain for some reason

The premise was so interesting but the pacing is so terrible. So many chapters in and I still only have a vague clue of what's going on and a dislike for the main heroine and her family.

I don't really find the story that confusing. I also don't mind that the characters are not all good or all bad. Like clearly the dad was up to some shady stuff, Uri seems ill-prepared for the position he is about to inherit, and Lamia has an overly stubborn sense of justice and arrogance about the way things are that we can see will be shaken in the future.

There are also probably two Aquilas - the one that traveled from the timeline where Lamia died, and the Aquila in the timeline where Lamia is living and Uri's hand is damaged.

Read raw it seems that acquila will heal uriel hands

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

the story isn't that hard to follow along ( like it's pretty obvious from the beginning that aquila can turn back time and is trying to save lamia). the only thing is that the characters and the pacing are just so weirdly written that whenever something new happens you're left thinking 'huh??' like the author will bring up some random backstory and then just not explain anything at all. also, the personalities of the characters are also all over the place,
like is the 2nd prince really dumb enough to think that lamia would suddenly like him after what he did to Uri?? he acts as if she's herself from the previous timelines, when obviously she isn't, which just seems so silly to me
also not to mention when lamia and her father wanted to literally kill a child because he could potentially cause trouble and rumours in the future... like why would she be ok with doing that but when it's the second prince plotting to kill her father and hurting uriel to it's unforgivable?? sounds pretty hypocritical to me.

if you like coming up theories though this would be good for you

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Kay can anyone explain the premise of the story so that I understand 🙏🙏🙏 idk why but I just got confused and no spoilers, thanks

If this turns out that uriel is not lamia brother, but cousin and the child that being hidden is uriel real brother,
I am gonna crazy.

Cause that mean uriel killed his real brother for stranger, and this proved what past aquila said about him.

Code:

Aggregator gang
I can understand why people say this story is hard to follow. Every other chapter there's a flashback and it makes it more complicated than what it was before. The author has a bad habit of constantly repeating the same things over and over though.

I feel the flow of the story would go much better if the characters just stopped repeating over and over that Lamia wants to be a knight, wants her brother Uriel to take over as Duke, and everyone doesn't want that. If I did a drinking game of every time it was brought up in the story, I'd be dead from alcohol poisoning within a few chapters.

Contributor
Requires picking up on hints about what's going on (stuff which I thought was suitably obvious, but based on how many confused people there are, may require having read enough other stuff in the same genre to piece it together from tropes), and being willing to suffer through a lot of people being painfully imperfect human beings who make bad decisions, and sitting around waiting hoping the story's actually going to turn into the good thing it's kind-of promised to.

I actually quite like it though, even if it's a bit stressful to read. I hope the author's penchant for drama doesn't ultimately get in the way of it being an enjoyable story, though.

can someone please explain to me what the Orphe's achieve from making Lamia a knight and Uri the heir when the ceremony ends with Aquila "fixing" his hand. Uri isn't leader material and Lamia has terrible swordsmanship skills. I don't see how making her a knight would save her life...

Uriel up to this time has been acting like a beta 🤔Lamina up to this time has always blindly biased her brothers 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread