Lamia Orphe Is Dead

I managed to binge the whole season 1 and while it's interesting and bursting full of potential, it truly is confusing. Even when you could parse out the facts with all of the information you gathered after reading everything, I feel like the story's pacing was quite... um rigid. It just didn't seem to flow easily, it felt clipped and kind of off-putting. I hope the second season manages to be enlightening... I hope it doesn't disappoint.

I love this very non-revealing way of story telling. It shakes the feeling of being a stitched-together-weekly release a lot of manhwa fall into, and I cant wait to see the payoff for this season in the next and beyond. Its a bit confusing yes, but its well worth it. If there are scenes that confuse you a bit, just keep reading and you'll be able to infer whats going on a bit later.

Just remove romance tag and change it with tragedy, and you'll have it.

I knew well this kind of story so let me guess, somebody going to die at the end of this story and it's not Lamia Orphe.

Honestly the way the story is gives me vibes of a novel. Which is why it’s so difficult to read. The first 3 chapters were prologues and I didn’t even realize it until I read the chapter titles. I was so confused at the very beginning. And then the epilogues.... I thought it was over when I started reading. I should have read the publication info. But I am very interested in it’s future publication.

I’m so confused I feel like I still know nothing about the real story. I like how they are telling but keeping us in the dark I guess, there’s too much we don’t know yet about them and just how many times has this happened 🤔

can anyone give me basic plot points and whether i should continue. ive read the first few chps but couldnt get into it. is there anything to look forward to?

@bagofsaltysalt the opening chapters are confusing, I get it. But keep going. It's a good story, although you might find some questions along the way. I personally dig this story and crossing my finger hoping the hiatus soon ends.

Basically, this manhwa tells us the story about the relationship between Lamia Orphe, the (supposed) future successor of Orphe dukedom, and Aquillas Theodore, the 2nd prince. Lamia dan Aquillas entangled in numerous relationship, but all of that ends with the death of Lamia. Aquillas is the descendant of dragon (in the prologue, you may find a story about a dragon who fell in love with human, and when the human died, the dragon turned back time to save the human), so he turns back the time to save Lamia...

The mysteries around this story, in my opinion, is :
1. The strength of Aquillas ability : how it works? is it stable? what's the side effect of it?
2. What is the role of 1st prince in this story? We didn't get much about him in season 1, so let's hope for the best in season 2
3. Who harmed Lamia? Is it 1st prince, Uriel, Aquilla, or someone else? And why?
4. Will Aquilla ends up with Lamia in the current timeline or will he give up since every time Lamia choose him, Lamia ends up dead?
5. Who kill the 3rd prince and does Aquilla take a part of it?

ofc a series that goes on a half year hiatus has to end on the wooooooorst cliffhanger! There are so many loose ends and unfinished time travel business left, it's driving me crazy!

It's clear that this can't be the final timeline, there is way too much bad blood everywhere, too many past memories left unconsidered, and too many unnamed bastard children to save!

@bagofsaltysalt I believe the first few chapters show Lamia's unilateral and unfiltered hate towards Theodore and her unparalleled protection towards her younger brother. The plot of the first arc is centered around Lamia's actions and Theodore's ploy and his reasons. You won't see much of a bigger plot that involves all the major characters but you'll get to know Lamia, as she is the major protagonist of this arc.
You should continue at least till this arc concludes and see how you like our MC. Lamia Orphe is a really strong protagonist, unlike the ones you see in most of the fantasy series, where the female protagonist, while powerful on her own, has to be guided by one male guy in every volume with all those shoujo dramas. Lamia is a protagonist, she understands she's the protagonist and she won't hesitate to order an assassin on a child to protect her own kin.
While this might be a slight spoiler (it's really not) you'll come to know this information in under 25 chapters.
Theodore is a much much more tragic Subaru. While you could argue Theodore is a magician and a royalty used to seeing blood, in the end, Theodore is also human. The amount of times he has failed to save Orphe has literally embedded into his body not just his memories. Subaru has people by his side but Theodore has come to be hated by Lamia, as his nth resort to save her.

Users who are viewing this thread