Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 11 Ch. 83 - Reflection

Dex-chan lover
I thought we were approaching the end of the manga but it seems we still have a LOOOONG WAY TO GO, LADS

Group Leader
muh phos. me no care about those other gems. all that matters to me is phos and antarc :((((

Double-page supporter
Being Phosphophyllite is suffering.

I think we wont get to see a happy ending for this. Phos is ever changing since Antarcticite and there's a Lot of suffering in that long journey.

82 chapters completed and we still suffering.

Dex-chan lover
Phos has gone from " hi, i'm cute and useless, but give me work" to " i'll commit genocide"

Ok, I'm gonna post my theory. Cairngorm probably suspected that achmea was hiding important information from the gems in order to get them to do his bidding. Cuz you know, telling people half truths and lies let's them fill in the gaps on their own. But in the mid chapters, Phos relearned the story from the admirablis about the humans and talked to ghost about it, which transferred to Cairngorm. Cairngorm, being kind of a b**** on Earth suddenly turns into a bubbly love struck dolt as a way in with the leader. Bc, let's be honest, aside from Cairngorm tossing their arm in the blender, achmea came on pretty strong. I think this plan is to get achmea to reveal all the secrets to them and explain it to the gems on the moon. That way, if it turns out to be something crazy, the gems are the force behind enemy lines. Plus, they have learned their science and how to use their technology. As for Rutile, I feel like she's going to have like an epiphany from holding on to the gem fragment for so long or something. And considering that she is considered the foremost expert on inclusion filled gems, she might learn something that can help Phos condition.

Just a theory I've had for a bit.

@Winberrl I know, that's what I miss most about earlier chapters, the whole relationship between Cinnabar and Phos. It really seemed like their relationship was going to actually be part of the plot long term, but they seemed to have basically ditched the idea. Which is really sad because I really think the two could have helped each other out a lot and maybe learned to accept their flaws. But no, we just get.... suffering.... I'm not holding out much hope for a happy end, but I am hoping for an end that will at least bring peace to everyone in some way.

But heck, maybe that's the point. I mean, the philosophy of 'letting go of all worldly desires is the only true path to happiness' and all that. I think Phos would agree at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread