Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 12 Ch. 92 - Night

Dex-chan lover
I don't remember, every gem there is broken?
If so, if there's only Kongou there, which one will he help?

Dex-chan lover
I am excited at the same time dreaded reading the latest chapter.

Thank you guys.

Fed-Kun's army
Actually, speaking of Phos and Cinnabar combining, the seven Buddhist treasures from the lotus sutra are gold, silver, lapis lazuli, seashell, agate, pearl, and carnelian. The first two Phos effectively gets from the alloy, the fourth and fifth from the mineralized seashell legs, and the third and sixth from Lapis's head with the spycam pearl eye. All that's missing is Carnelian, a red gemstone that Cinnabar (another red gemstone, precious to alchemists) could potentially stand in for.

Actually, the Seven Treasures Theory makes sense. (Although Phos has gold-platinum alloy, not gold-silver)
http://www.chinabuddhismencyclopedia.com/en/index.php/Seven_Treasures

I'm only gonna break, break your, break, break your heart

Fed-Kun's army
@kruasan True, though there are already some varying interpretations about what real-world materials should correspond to each one, and the story takes some liberties of its own by combining them. My next question is if we are also going to get the full Ship of Theseus here, with the last treasure replacing Phos's torso, the last remaining original part aside from the inclusions that permeate all.

Fed-Kun's army
damn I wish this was animated !!

last chapter feels so short! but the details of the fights are nice!

so did Phos and Cinnabar melt together ? I though mercury would "eat" the gold so Cinnabar can absorb a part of Phos but what about the other parts?

I think Kongou Sensei will say to Aechmea " Take Cinnabar to the moon and cure her " ... since Aechmea is On The Way for "short conversation" mayybeee justtt mayyybee

Double-page supporter
holy hell this was awesome

if what some are saying is true, and the seven treasures make a human, i wonder who will be that human, will it be phos's consciousness or cinnabar? (cuz now both are destroyed so we dont know who will emerge) if its cinnabar, he will aquire phos's memories and someone will FINALLY understand what phos feels, after millenia of feeling lonely and unwanted

Dex-chan lover
@jwanito

Remember phos was combined with Lapis Head? Apparently, it's Phos consciousness who emerged, not Lapis... if it's true that Cinnabar n Phos merge... it should be Phos who won... At worst, it will be like Cairngorm who had double personality.

Users who are viewing this thread