Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 12 Ch. 95 - End of the Fight

Dex-chan lover
I'm happy for the author that she gets her PS5 but holy shit Phos gets the short end of the stick once again.

Rip Phos... but I do wonder if they're going to become the next master for the new gems... if so, maybe the opposite gender at least visually? 😏
First, we had Master, now we have mistress
:clap:

I think its funny the idea was that they're trading their individuality for happiness but we can easily distinguish them by their hair lol

Enmaechmea is Adamant's.... creator? Or older brother who caused the meteor strike??

Will the sea slugs emerge??

Will Phos go crazy or find enlightenment thru solitary meditation? Will the lunarians go crazy from boredom??

Is this a cycle, or the first time this is happening?

Are we near the end game when we get back, or a whole new arc with a new cast?? Really hopin for sea people or ice floes personallyyyy

Fed-Kun's army
Just 10.000 more years and Phos shall achieve true happiness! :3

I'm really interesed in the fact that the news about the ps5 and the hiatus may have some kind of relation :]

Dex-chan lover
@beeqwop ...oh my god. You're a genius.
After I read this chapter, I had the exact reactions as everyone else. "What the hell, Phos is just endless suffering, ahhhhh, make it stop, let them be happy", and so on and so forth. And I kept mulling it over. Why? Why do this to Phos? You're gonna force them top basically be the savior of two species, who have either disrespected/loathed Phos' existence, or used them for their own gains. Why would Phos want to help the former Gems and Lunarians after they finish their transformation, if all they ever did for Phos was make them suffer?

And then, I saw your comment.

And suddenly it clicked for me. You are absolutely right. The Bodhisattva is supposed to be a savior for all existences. All of them. And this world had three species to start with: the Gems, the Lunarians...and the Admirabilis, the slug people in the oceans. After the first fews arcs or so, we haven't seen them much in the story. Which is strange, if you think about it. They are supposably the third descendants of humans, and would be affected if Phos released the Lunarians. And yet, they haven't been given much focus.

Now, Ichikawa-sensei could have tossed the Admirabilis aside, and they could be just minor characters. But I always had a gut feeling that they were more important to this story than we were led to believe. My theory is that after the hiatus, we're going to see Phos reunite with the current generation of Admirabilis, and they will be a key part of the final arc. Their kind view Phos as a legendary hero, and their "scent" has stayed on them even after all Phos' appendages were added onto their body. I think the Admirabilis will the ones who don't use Phos for any reason. As Phos has been selfless to them in the past, they probably want to repay Phos for their kindness.

And remember what Phos said at the end of the last chapter: they want to be happy. They wanted to be useful, accepted, helpful, loved. The Gems and Lunarians (with one or two exceptions) could not give Phos what they wanted. But I think the Admirabilis can. They can give Phos everything they want: love and acceptance, despite everything that they've done.

And that will be the key to Phos completing their true transformation.

But that's just a far-fetched theory lol we'll see what happens 🙃

Dex-chan lover
So basically Phos is left hanging as they suffer for 10 thousand years while the rest of the gems can all live their lives happily until Phos wakes up so maybe then Phos can finally let them die?

Fed-Kun's army
At this point, I just Phos to be happy and everyone else can just fuck off

Fed-Kun's army
@beepqwop

But the point of life is to advance through suffering, and that is what Phos is doing TO THE MAXXXXXX.

The path of the Lightning Bolt is a harsh one.

Dex-chan lover
The cycle continues until one breaks free from it and enters Nirvana

(also now I'm feeling salty towards the Lunarians and the Gems even more) now I'm thinking, if Phos will ever find peace afterwards.

After Phos got Sensei's full Power (10,000 years). Another War will begin! hahahahaha

Double-page supporter
There's still that rock of beginnings or something. Could phos get new friends from that?

Users who are viewing this thread