Land of the Lustrous

Group Leader
The thing that is keeping me together in this manga is me playing in my ears "MVC2 River Stage"

I just binge read to the newest chapters and I have to say, this is a goddamn journey. Can't wait for more chapters.

ngl im crying a bit irl
thought we'd gotten a new chpter
but they"re reuploading or something

I'm up to date now and man, I wish I had liked this manga more. Everyone seems to grow more and more unsympathetic and the only true solution to this is one that the author is not willing to take anytime soon. It seems like it devolved into a "what else can I do to up the misery level?" and I kinda dislike this type of story.

After watching the anime I was thinking how it ended just when it was getting good.

Now I'm glad it ended when it did...

Woaw Phos has really changed (well after losing so many parts of herself its quite obvious that she's no longer the cute little gem of the beginning ^^)
I'm pretty curious to see her transformation, I think she needs to feel the real pain and the pure sadness before obtaining the enlightment (or the absolution), after all for now every actions is inspired of buddhism concepts.

when is this going to end? i'm tired of this endless cycle of nothing-action on the moon'
i've been following this for years, i just want it to end now

>This character development makes 0 sense, this is turning into quite the dissapointment.

To me it makes perfect sense, in a way. They are static, eternal lifeforms, so it figures that after giving up - away so much change would be this drastic.

I also have an inkling of suspicion that her whole life arc somehow resonates in concepts found in buddhism, but both my current awareness of, and desire to learn about its principles are too casual to be blasting definitive statements about it, not to mention they already are too easy to encounter in fandom.

"I have allowed you a few pages of happiness, Merry Christmas. Now for maximum sad."

- Ichikawa

Users who are viewing this thread