LandLadyankee! ~My Apartment Life with a Yankee Landlord~

I guess the word for "Yankee" is the same in japanese as the word for "Delinquent" or "scary" or "gangster". I wish translators would stop using yankee, it makes no sense for any of these.

i spent a hot minute trying to figure out how to pronounce landladyankee, still kinda unsure

I gotta say this more of a delusion than a story for me. The fact that the landlady is very caring at him even if they've just met and he really did nothing for her is pretty out of place, even for a manga. Maybe I'm missing something, but if I'm not, well this is pretty delusional.

Fed-Kun's army
Not sure if it's the translators' fault or a simple Japanese misconception, but I don't think this is where you use the word Yankee. Yankee is what one would call someone who lived or came from the US.

Also, why are all American characters always wearing sports jerseys? Confusing.

Dex-chan lover
mate, gotta say I 'preciate the true-blue fair dinkum aussie translation ya did for me ya dog

Dex-chan lover
I'm suprised there are only 8 chapters left. I really hope the end will be atleast mostly satisfying...

@Dlroth I think the main reason she's so caring for him, even though he's done nothing to help her (Early on at least), and is more or less a burden is because that's how her grandmother would've done things if she were still actively there. She would've treated him like a grandson or helped teach him how to be more responsible since it's his first time living alone. There's obviously their ages to factor in too. Since the two of them are closer in age, it's within reason that she might also feel some type of attraction towards him (I mean the series DOES have a romance tag for a reason) and be more willing to go out of her way to help him early on. As the chapters progressed we've seen that he's taken up the responsibilities of living alone more and more and is relying on her less and less. It just doesn't translate well to chapters since we only really see him relying on her with very little context outside of that.

There's also some other details to factor in when looking at how she treats him and the other tennants. Each of them appear to embody some part of her life and her grandmother's philosophy of living life to the fullest and trying to fufill your dream.

Users who are viewing this thread