Last updated column on any manga listing takes into account your filter languages and a monthly update (need your support soon!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
For keeping the site running;
I abhor subscription models of any kind. but would gladly make donations as and when I have cash to spare.

Miku best girl
Admin
I am thinking of providing both options, one off donations and also subscriptions, so there would be a choice.

Group Leader
It was only a matter of time. That "fun" part has got me curious now. Perhaps something like CryptoKitties?

Back in the day there was Mangatraders (not a really good site for the authors or scanlators, but a really damn good one for the readers), who asked for a monthly goal in donations to keep running ad-free. I really liked that place (they messed up and got a security leak that forced them to close shop), but didn't have the income to support them back then. If you are offering me the same experience, you can count me in as deep as it goes.
On a parallel note, I would not dislike a system like the one e-hentai has, with their minigame and all.
Also, would it be too hard to get a random button like the one we had at Bato.to? I mean, it's not a fundamental thing I cannot live without, but it was one way to get to explore new things.

As the successor of Batoto. This site really needs a support from everyone .
Many cases where the site closed with a variety of problems behind it (Batoto, Mangatraders, etc). And the readers, including me, are forced to find another alternatives. Well, it's not easy.
I've not tried reading again in other manga hosting sites that run ads like crazy. I sincerely turned off my adblock but what I got is I'm not comfortable to read it with ads here and there + virus.

I have never tried for subscriptions, since not every time I'm active and really need it.
But having two choices is a great idea, it's pretty easy and every reader can adjust to their needs and so on.

I do not really understand how the site runs, whatever it is, it certainly can make the reader feels comfortable as possible like now.

Miku best girl
Admin
I made a pledge to avoid ads when I started MD, and I will ensure that ads remain a last resort.
From the amount of support we have, it seems we won't ever need to use those sorts of ads that you see on every other manga aggregator.

You don't need to use terrible ads like Google's. Just do what voat does and use a static image or text.

Contributor
patreon and some other way to do a one off. Maybe a paypal, email address or whatever. Just bury the email address so it's not directly linked to funding.

Geez, 1M unique users, 5M sessions and 36M page views. I'll be happy to donate when you get it figured out.

Aggregator gang
And now you have surpassed batoto in quality. hardly anyone has this amazing feature. Tired of seeing Manhua and all of this other stuff I have no interest in.

I'd even turn off adblocker for ads if you could guarantee there wouldn't be any of those malware ads. That seems to be an impossibility, however.

Miku best girl
Admin
I'd even turn off adblocker for ads if you could guarantee there wouldn't be any of those malware ads. That seems to be an impossibility, however.

If you use one of those typical ad agencies, you can never guarantee what ads they might put on your site. That's why we have none of those ads.

What's up with the sort? I can no longer sort by "most recently updated".

Edit: I should clarify. I can't sort my follows using "Simple List" view.

Miku best girl
Admin
Reworking the last updated column because the new method is causing the site to crash.

Massive increase in users isn't surprising after Batoto shutdown. The refugees had to go somewhere.

I'm among the influx of new users, but I'm looking to settle here. I'd love options to support the site, regardless of donor/subscriber perks. I'll be on the lookout for more news.

Group Leader
This is currently where I'm getting all my translated manga, so that's definitely worth some $$$.

And I'm sure nobody wants to do the Batoto migration all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread