Latent Blue - Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
Serious question to other people. Did Xiaodao's speech actually look realistic to anyone? I ask that for either any native Chinese speaker or English speaker. To me, it looked kind of cringey.

Don't get me wrong. I like the message that he makes. It just looks awkward for him to be saying it in this situation.

Aggregator gang
@comeonnow0 no, its unrealistic. Speaking like that in situation of being bullied is very cringy and weird. I agree that the message is meaningful but not in that situation.

If he talk like that to the FMC after being bullied, it's makes sense. But speech that while being bullied..., Honestly makes me think he's weird ( if that happen in real life)

Group Leader
@Ugga He is weird, though - that's partly why people pick on him. At the beginning of the story he was almost non-verbal. I don't think it's particularly out of character for him to say something strange in the middle of being bullied.

@comeonnow0 yeah even when I was translating it I was cringeing, so it wasn't surprising to me that the bullies just hurt him even more.

He's not a very normal child and he says/does weird things a lot. I read the earlier chapters in the raws and not the translations, so I'm not sure if that came across earlier. But he's a sweet and deeply weird kid.

Did these people forget that he is being bullied or something? How are they so clueless—

Users who are viewing this thread