Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

• Loli Emilia is best

Votes: 1,001 28.0%
  • Emilia is best

Votes: 915 25.6%
  • I'm lame and like Rem

Votes: 1,656 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Legacy was great, new reader sucks shit. I remember when it first came out, I had to walk to bathroom so I could piss and imagine I was doing it all over the new reader, my monitor, and everyone who liked it/worked on it/used it. Looking it at again right now and I have to piss. I'll just spend more time reading manga posted here through Tachiyomi since I do not believe it is healthy to piss this much 🙄

Contributor
@ixlone - "Due to changes we were forced to make the legacy reader is no longer working from today. "

Care to elaborate what such changes are and why it affect a simple layout? At least before you remove a core feature that affect tons of people you should implement a valid temporary alternative close to it, not to remove altogether it and force the end user to use a completely different reader that heavily affect the user interface.

Not everyone use the same device, the legacy reader adapted to the browser user automatically, while this one is completely different and the size of the images are all messed up since it ignore the browser layout, images are all cutted to the left when the image is more large that the screen. Horrible and unpratical reader and i do not know why you create such an abomination in the first place. A GUI should always adapt to the user browser not the complete opposite. My2c.

Fed-Kun's army
People always hate change, and always think that their generation is better than the previous or the future generation.

It is a human thing and unavoidable, so just accept it and move on.

Have a nice day.

Group Leader
I'M BACK MINNA! (Hell no one cares anyway.)

@Nick86
the size of the images are all messed up since it ignore the browser layout, images are all cutted to the left when the image is more large that the screen
I don't understand what you mean tho, it works fine.
07olpLv.png

I also test it on my damn old phone, and it works fine.

And here's my display settings:
UrdSfFa.png

Do y'all hate customization that much?
My monitor res is 1366x768 btw, it's a shitty old Samsung monitor. And it works fine.

@nick86
before you remove a core feature that affect tons of people you should implement a valid temporary alternative close to it, not to remove altogether it and force the end user to use a completely different reader that heavily affect the user interface.
literally every site does the same thing. See every social media site ever.

Power Uploader
Maybe it's more convenient to have it accessible at anytime. From my personal experience, I find it troublesome to go all the way to the top to access the settings.

Though, I agree with you it isn't something to force upon, there should be options to make it the top bar (and make it appears when you scroll up). I remember they promised to make it the top bar, but who knows when.

@MavB_Ver It can be made floatable or replace the top header while reading. On any mobile app, you have the reader hiding everything when reading and show up the header / page number at the top/bottom upon tapping or scroll up.

Sad days, at least PMD was quick to update. It's impressive how many people never even knew it existed.

Dex-chan lover
like every software new ui update is mostly worst than the old one but whatever , guess i'll get use to it in some times

Staff
Admin
@fullerhorn

New reader works great. If tea wants to improve it further, it will be even better.

Legacy getting nuked has been a well-known thing for a long time. It just so happens the new update broke it today. Be grateful you had it for as long as you did without it breaking sooner. We've said many times it would not be getting updates once it broke.

Only a miniscule amount of people even used legacy - since we disabled it from new accounts many months ago.

Contributor
@nyaasar - Mine is broken, all images are still on the left side and not centered.

@blackyawgdom - There is a difference to change it for good and downgrade it for the worst, there is lack of testing since in my case the layout of the "normal" reader is broken.

"It just so happens the new update broke it today..."

What a convenient coincidence... 🤣🤣🤣

Everything, code side, can be fixed if you really want, no matter how difficult it is, always can be fixed.

Contributor
@ixlone - Just closed the browser and reopen it, the reader settings are not saved, i need to reset everything again at log in, is this inteded?

Since i need to use this reader, at least can you please make the settings perament and saved into my account, is this even possible?

Thanks.

Contributor
@MavB_Ver - Legacy reader worked flawlessy, was NEVER broken, today is broken because they want to get rid of it for XYZ reasons that they of course can't explain, because there is no thing to explanation since coding can ALWAYS be fixed.

But apart this, the settings of the standard reader aren't linked to your account but appear to be cookie based, mean that everytime you close and reopen your browser you have to go under settings and change it again ,again again, again, every damn time. There is somethign wrong about this, do not you think?

Why do not make settings permament? There is an explanation about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread