Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

• Loli Emilia is best

Votes: 1,001 28.0%
  • Emilia is best

Votes: 915 25.6%
  • I'm lame and like Rem

Votes: 1,656 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
@r0manas I'm just showing that there's a UI mode you so desperately want and it shouldn't be too difficult to make it optional for desktop users. 😉

Group Leader
@Halo
Holy cat, I'm a default-reader cat and I didn't even know you can do that until now lol

I'm just showing that there's a UI mode you so desperately want and it shouldn't be too difficult to make it optional for desktop users. 😉

I've already tried using mobile view on desktop some time ago but as I mentioned there are cases I need to zoom out not zoom in and I like distraction-free reading [(F11) / fulscreen] + using 'Stylus' I make header static not fixed so I get full distraction-free reading experience
Code:
nav.navbar {
    position: absolute;
}

Is there a way to at least make it so 1 click takes me to the next chapter instead of the next page? feels redundant if you are using long strip format.

Dex-chan lover
YAY! @holo appeared! 😃
Emilia best girl
Emilia>Miku? 🤔

The MDBoomers do realize the whole site is being redesigned from the bottom up, and there is a suggestion board to present useful ideas and concerns for consideration.
But I suppose they couldn't see that far through the lost legacy tears.😭

They didn't kill the legacy reader to spite you, and they've said many times already the reader was reaching the end of it's viable lifespan as more, and more compatibility issues arose during the site revamp work, and they suggested you should get acquainted with the new reader long before it died.
(Perhaps I should complain to MS because my 98lite freeware doesn't work with Win10.)
R0d04af0e9017b2174cfa2815c72c6380

I would suggest adding a pinned Reader Q&A +suggestion thread to the V5 development discussion board so we can move past the whining to actually providing useful feedback for the development team.

Sorry about the salty attitude. This just reminds me of the situation at HGeeks where the "entitled bitchbots", and Karens harrassed the staff to the point they just threw in the towel and 💩 canned the forum entirely. I don't want to become a refugee again. 😢

Guys since u killed the good reader can you atleast add the function to the normal reader when you click on the picture to change to next chapter when ur on all pages mode instead of going page by page like an idiot or atleast add function double tap to change chapter Pls ffs do it

Fed-Kun's army
This sucks. I had to use the default reader for several weeks over the summer when you were changing servers and I hated EVERY minute of it. It was so awful. I went back to legacy as soon as I could. This really sucks. One of the things I hated the most was the inability to read comments from the bottom of the page. I mean, why are they at the top? Who would want to read the comments before reading the chapter? Also not being able to change to the next chapter with a click is annoying.

Dex-chan lover
hey who wants to guess what percentage of people whining about "lazy coders" are using an imageripper that was dependent on the simplistic old reader because the dev that made the janky scraper was too lazy to make one that worked on the default reader's more complex interface

Reasons why the default reader is superior:
[ul]-The 500 pixel width container option.
-Page selection during long strip (to help find images users refer to).[/ul]

Reasons why the default reader is inferior (in contrast to legacy reader):
[ul]-There isn’t a comment button at the bottom of the page.
-There isn’t a previous chapter button at the end of the page.
-The chapter selection drop down box has white text on a white background (for dark themes).
-I always use incognito mode so I have to redo the settings each time.
-It makes me miss legacy reader.
-Page clicking is enabled by default for long strip comics.[/ul]

This sucks the legacy reader was the only was i read anything. it was just more pleaseing to me and i didn't have to worry about the crowded side bar all the time and the automatic full page view i could look at it at a more regular magazine/book size.

is a Reindeer
VIP
i didn't have to worry about the crowded side bar
@Ritchiex Hide it, then.

the automatic full page view
Fit to width or fit to container

could look at it at a more regular magazine/book size
The old reader didn't even have a double page mode, if you really wanted to read it like a "magazine/book" you'd use the new reader's double page mode

Dex-chan lover
Kinda annoying but with settings you can make the new reader usable. I keep the sidebar and pagebar as hidden as possible because I find it cluttering and ugly. Here's some problems I still have though.

1) I have to open the sidebar so I can click the manga title to reach a manga's main page, whereas on legacy I could simply go to the top of the page. The dropdown for chapter and group lists were always sitting at the top too. Could you just put that stuff back up there?

2) Similarly, I have to open the sidebar to reach the comments page, but legacy conveniently had that button on the top AND bottom.

3) To go to another chapter in long strip mode, I either have to reach the last page (which means waiting for each page to load) or, yet again, open the sidebar. I used to be able to change chapters with the left and right arrow keys at any time, or go to the next chapter by just clicking any page. It was very convenient.

Since today my reader on my old ipad 2 is forced to current one, i can't read any manga again on here, cause the pages wount load.
I do not care for the visual of the reader or anything i just wanted the pages for manga to load they did so in legacy reader.

Will there be attempts made to make it work on older devices again or am i out of luck with this site and have to look for "kiss" like sites that don't overly customise their readers?

Thanks for constantly working to improve this free website that respect both the translation groups and the authors.

I will miss legacy.
I liked not minding where I tapped on the screen to move forward.

Dex-chan lover
Aww. I actually used legacy reader all this time because it preloaded ALL chapters without any extra effort on my part. Is there a way to make the new/default reader to do the same? Like, ALWAYS load all the pages at the start, no progressive loads, no bullshit.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Inori The new reader loads images the exact same way the old reader did, there isn't a "progressive load". It also entirely preloads any chapter on MD@H

@Ananse That's a setting in the new reader.

@Silmoneus Set the MD@H port limit from normal to 443 https://mangadex.org/settings

Group Leader
@Silmoneus try turning this on (according to Ply)
https://mangadex.org/md_at_home/options

@nyaasar dude, try this!
7+ Taskbar Tweaker to squish your thicc taskbar on the side 🤣
bmyXq0V.jpg

@dark3275 you can't lol (iirc), but you can always edit 'em

Edit: @BraveDude8 but Ply just, and also this (from refreydia)
Why has this change also made it that old chapters no longer load without md@h enabled? is this intended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread