Life in Another World as a Housekeeping Mage - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
Just cause the laws might not help Shiori, she clearly had a lot of support and I am impressed that they weren’t hunted out in the wild and assassinated

@throwaway4ccount I tend to read many comments on the latest update of each novel I read no matter the length so if u want to post comments even if people dont like them (like mine in some manga hehe) so go ahead! This novel is really good too, I cant wait till they get Shiori back and see what happens to akatsuki then teehehe

Aww man now I'm totally invested. Thank you guys for translating. Ugh I need to know what happens next

I’m totally hooked. Can’t wait for the next chapter! Thank you for the update 💗💗💗

Her backstory is so sad and pitiful... It's great that she made supportive friends there that lookout for her and get her out of her slump.

Dex-chan lover
The mention of Akatsuki's job being directly from a noble + them disappearing, and now a noble showing up with knights who apparently have enough of a connection to Shiori to take her away, makes me think the knights are gonna turn out to be Akatsuki and they're about to get their asses beat.

omg i need the next chapter where these guys go murder everyone who just kidnapped shiori

What a sad backstory. But...I don’t know why that means men approach her less. Like...what are they implying?

But I’m glad that Shiori has people looking out for her. She’s not all powerful and she needs help for sure. It’s good that they backed her up, but I feel like they need to talk to her about how she feels about what happened instead of avoiding it.

Supporter
@Zephyr247 They probably are afraid that they will hurt her and get on Zacks shit list, he probably became overprotective after that ordeal.

They also may fear that them approaching her will be seen as them pitying her or seeing her as weak and in need of protection. I imagine the mindset of adventurers has a big "I'm not a weakling" component to it. Seeing as she is definitely seen as an accomplished adventurer the others will likley assume she thinks somewhat similarly.

Lastly, and sadly possible considering how many people act, she could now be seen as "Used/Damaged Goods". Considering how rumors spread and grow out isn't a stretch to think that many people assume that she was raped when she was worth the dickbag party. Just gotta go to the comment sections of any manga whose female lead isn't a virginto see how a large number of people act/think.

I noticed that Shiori is a literal zashiki warashi, when you take good care of her she blessed you with great results and prosperity but doing otherwise will bring great misfortune. Seems Akatsuki and anyone that wronged Shiori will have that kind of outcome.

why would she let the others exploit them.... I wonder if its the story or i dislike the way the story is put but they're really trying to make her character as traumatic as possible and her fragile personality was off put since the start. I mean i dont mind with various personality irl but its starting to get obvious she's going to be a damsel in distress till a man save her. typical shoujo?

Honestly, they should have been arrested and treated as bandits the moment they looted from her and left her for dead, not to mention lying about the circumstances to cover up their crimes. How they were allowed to transfer instead of being arrested and banned from working in any branch is ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread